Author Topic: Metallica - Stern - release 2013  (Read 55020 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Metallica - Stern - release 2013
« Reply #285 on: April 18, 2013, 09:57:29 AM »
I think if Metallica out performs AC/DC in sales then Kiss would be mad not to take advantage of some money over no money to have a 2nd pin. At least Kiss with there costumes adds some creativity to a game like Metallica's artwork over some other possible bands which could be seen as quite bland in appearance.

And agree with CC, Hendrix pin could be a bit funky, given the reggae background, I bet if it paid out in joints it would get the teenagers in  %.%
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #286 on: April 18, 2013, 09:59:01 AM »
I think AC/DC knows something is up. hehe.....Found this Metallica topper in my collection last night. Might be more suited to the Premium rather than Pro.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #287 on: April 18, 2013, 10:08:39 AM »
The only thing that's going to save JJP is to sign up Kiss.

I know they are reasonably popular but I don't think they are in the same league as ACDC and Metallica.
As cool as it might sound, I don't think the reality would sell well enough to save anyone's business.

I wouldn't under estimate the selling power of Kiss.  Purely my thoughts only but if Stern aren't persisting with trying to sign Kiss up for a machine I'll donate my left one.   

Definitely not in the same league. Precedent is already set with 17,000 units sold. All the other music related pins combined still don't add up to 17,000. Even the Rolling Stones only just made it to 5700 units. It is also consistently the most sought after SS title of any genre. This title has been on stern's wishlist since 2008, but I'm told that the license is too much for stern to afford. I travel in Kiss' circles and I know that there are many KISS fans who would not hesitate to buy a 2014/2015 KISS machine to go next to their 1978 machine. Other bands simply can't compare. stern know this - but it won't happen unless things change drastically.

AC/DC and Metallica are safe licenses. Should they continue with the Heavy Metal genre then the logical next title should be Iron Maiden. Funny how they are mainly 70's and 80's Metal bands. Somehow I can't see a Duran Duran pinball machine, but you never know. But I often wonder if they did a mainstream band or artist like Prince or Springsteen. That would be huge.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #288 on: April 18, 2013, 10:19:27 AM »
I think if Metallica out performs AC/DC in sales then Kiss would be mad not to take advantage of some money over no money to have a 2nd pin. At least Kiss with there costumes adds some creativity to a game like Metallica's artwork over some other possible bands which could be seen as quite bland in appearance.

And agree with CC, Hendrix pin could be a bit funky, given the reggae background, I bet if it paid out in joints it would get the teenagers in  %.%

KISS reject anything that does not make them money. the stern deal is not good enough. The pinball is the ultimate piece of merchandise of the most merchandised band of all time. My generation can afford a NIB KISS pinball.

A Hendrix pin would be an awesome idea, but what of the generation gap ? Back to the 60's - it would be marketed to an older generation. Like the Elvis pinball, it may not be accepted. I would seriously look at a Hendrix pinball, but it would depend on who made it.

Right here and right now - Metallica / Iron Maiden was the logical choice.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #289 on: April 18, 2013, 11:02:49 AM »
AC/DC METALLICA and KISS can't wait for that lineup :-) come on Gene I have the money put aside for the KISS LE then I'd have the BIG 3

Peter

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #290 on: April 18, 2013, 02:13:06 PM »
I can't see a Duran Duran pinball machine, but you never know

All I can say is God help us....... %.%
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Hashman

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • SKW Corporation
« Reply #291 on: April 18, 2013, 02:23:14 PM »
I want a HENDRIX pinball complete with psycedelic artwork covering Jimis career, stereo audio and comes with a free shaker motor and a sheet of acid!

()

Now that would be an awesome pin!

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #292 on: April 18, 2013, 02:30:24 PM »
I want a HENDRIX pinball complete with psycedelic artwork covering Jimis career, stereo audio and comes with a free shaker motor and a sheet of acid!

()

What a suprise that a "HASH"MAN would like a hendrix pin....you must have some things in common

Offline Hashman

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • SKW Corporation
« Reply #293 on: April 18, 2013, 04:37:46 PM »

()

What a suprise that a "HASH"MAN would like a hendrix pin....you must have some things in common

!)#

Offline pinoffski

• Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong NSW
« Reply #294 on: April 18, 2013, 05:16:10 PM »
AC/DC METALLICA and KISS can't wait for that lineup :-) come on Gene I have the money put aside for the KISS LE then I'd have the BIG 3

Peter

+ 1
It would be the best music line up you would ever see..

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #295 on: April 18, 2013, 05:44:06 PM »
I wouldn't go near a Hendrix machine, he has his place in history but not on a pinball machine.

I couldn't see too many other bands pulling big numbers, even Iron Maiden, as cool as it would be, could not compare to the numbers that AC/DC and Metallica are going to end up producing.  I don't know if a bit of a mixture of bands would be worth considering e.g. Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Pearl Jam, The Offspring, Faith No More, Soundgarden, Motley Crue etc etc Work your way through the ages of rock as a bit of a rock time capsule.

Even if Kiss was more expensive due to licensing costs it would still sell big big numbers.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #296 on: April 18, 2013, 06:26:42 PM »
I wouldn't go near a Hendrix machine, he has his place in history but not on a pinball machine.

I couldn't see too many other bands pulling big numbers, even Iron Maiden, as cool as it would be, could not compare to the numbers that AC/DC and Metallica are going to end up producing.  I don't know if a bit of a mixture of bands would be worth considering e.g. Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Pearl Jam, The Offspring, Faith No More, Soundgarden, Motley Crue etc etc Work your way through the ages of rock as a bit of a rock time capsule.

Even if Kiss was more expensive due to licensing costs it would still sell big big numbers.

If acdc,the who, metallica, stones, kiss, elton john, dolly parton ...geez even gnr for gods sake can be immortalised on pinball machine and not hendrix there is something very wrong. One the greatest musicians ever!

Bring on a Voodoo Chile or Purple Haze LE wih some crosstown traffic multiball action through some wicked ramps and subways!

Sweeeeeeeet!
 ()

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 06:30:16 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #297 on: April 18, 2013, 06:34:43 PM »

And agree with CC, Hendrix pin could be a bit funky, given the reggae background, I bet if it paid out in joints it would get the teenagers in  %.%

KISS reject anything that does not make them money. the stern deal is not good enough. The pinball is the ultimate piece of merchandise of the most merchandised band of all time. My generation can afford a NIB KISS pinball.

A Hendrix pin would be an awesome idea, but what of the generation gap ? Back to the 60's - it would be marketed to an older generation. Like the Elvis pinball, it may not be accepted. I would seriously look at a Hendrix pinball, but it would depend on who made it.

Right here and right now - Metallica / Iron Maiden was the logical choice.

All music pins now are marketed to an older generation. IE us, no spring chicken here.
I am sure the kids are stoked there are metallica and acdc etc to buy and play, most of them couldn't care less.
All that matters is if a pin will sell to our demographic.
Hendrix pin done well by someone, anyone would be EPIC and would sell.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 06:37:15 PM by Cow Corner »

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #298 on: April 18, 2013, 06:35:15 PM »
I can't see a Hendrix pinny selling in big numbers. Would be a flop as far as sales go IMO.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #299 on: April 18, 2013, 06:39:02 PM »
I can't see a Hendrix pinny selling in big numbers. Would be a flop as far as sales go IMO.

I would buy one that is all that matters!
Pinball will die a slow death with us anyway so bring on a music title that really matters to me.
 ^^^