Author Topic: Rectifier Board progress  (Read 3189 times)

Offline deep six

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle NSW
    • ATC Heaven
Re: Rectifier Board progress
« on: July 23, 2011, 05:34:59 PM »
Almost there.
I had a bit of trouble understanding where the jumper wires were meant to go, had trouble making out their orientation on nino's post and couldn't find another pic elsewhere so in the end I just reasoned that the top and bottom boards had to be connected at some points so armed with my multi meter and a bit of wire to poke through each hole I figured it out.

Using a combination of nino's jumper wires and mikes stitching suggestion I made sure they had continuity.
I did this one a little differently though, I found where two tracks overlapped each other and simply drilled a hole straight through the board, ran a piece of solid copper wire through and soldered both ends, this worked for three out of four jumpers and for the last one where there was no overlap I was lucky to find a corresponding holes so I used another piece of solid wire with some insulation borrowed from a piece of 8amp automotive cable to make the connection.

I had a problem on the back side of J1 at pin 8 where the copper track was missing altogether so I used another piece of solid copper wire to rebuild this, one end soldered to the bottom of the pin and the other through the adjacent hole soldered top and bottom. Hope it works, multi meter says I have continuity so should be good.
All I have to do now is solder the transformer wires back in and its almost go time.

"Wanted" Snappy signature, please insert here......