Author Topic: Flipper problem  (Read 2202 times)

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: Flipper problem
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2009, 01:58:59 AM »
Well, went and bought a spare coil plus a couple of new plunger/link/crank assemblies - actually a rebuild kit. I knew the RHS was only going to work for me properly if I replaced it as I could not work out how to get it working as it was before I pulled it apart! So went the whole hog and got both sides at the same time. (Invested in some Novus products as well. And picked up the free rubber kit. Thanks, Mark!)

In the process of dismantling the LHS completely, I then realised the problem was the EOS contacts. Note on this machine the EOS contacts are normally closed. What I discovered was that in the normally closed position there was very poor to no contact being made. Appropriate bending of metal fixed the issue.

Anyway, all good practice. I now know how to replace flippers, once again managed to solder the correct wires to the coil, and then got to play the Mousin' Around! with the glass on - much quieter... and much fun. The kids are going to want to play this when they get back from some time away but I suspect they will find it pretty challenging.

And I finally cracked 9 million and was able to put my initials in.

I think I will replace the EOS switches next time I need to look under the playfield as the current ones are pretty dodgy.