Author Topic: Wanted: The Simpsons Pinball Party  (Read 1339 times)

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re: Wanted: The Simpsons Pinball Party
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 01:18:29 AM »
Will start a thread tomorrow with pictures and will keep it updated. Looking forward to those parts arriving!

Brett, I had a better feeling tonight after seeing just the grime removed from the cabinet. It has a few dings and scrapes, but it's now more vibrant with that brown waxy layer removed.

The playfield I am mostly happy with, but the biggest challenge is that the op who owned it installed a post slap bang below the flippers. My dad is going to do some handiwork with filling the holes (one wasn't enough it would seem and the op had two goes at it) and I have created an overlay decal. Fingers crossed it all works out.

Apart from that, the orange couch was smashed up and daggy old flipper rubbers will need to be replaced. Metal wireforms are getting cleaned and maybe re-chromed.

Lollipop side rails arrived from AMD on Thursday. Installed today. They hid the wear around the flipper buttons nicely. After I get round to re-decaling machine, will put the original rails back on to show off artwork more. My dad spent his spare time this week removing the rust and re-spraying the lock down bar, rails and legs. Will owe him a carton of beer or two after this.

Apart from the other issues, the playfield will look great once it gets a proper clean....and the good part is that I can LED the whole machine as I go.