Author Topic: KISS Tour Australia 2013  (Read 3538 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: KISS Tour Australia 2013
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 12:32:53 PM »
Got the email today Nino about the tour it's on.

Peter

No doubting you at all Peter. I was wondering how the "Monster" tour would coincide with the "40th Anniversary" tour. It might turn into a Festival tour - Rock AM Ring, Donnington etc..

i got to ask Nino what is your favorite bit of Kiss Merchandise you own?? being a kiss guy you must have pretty big collection is there something in particular you collect of theirs like sign tour bill posters or something? or just everything?

That's a hard question. Most Valuable is the pinball. Rarest would be original Icy Pole wrappers which I kept. I have the "Rock and Roll Over" album cover, the KISS logo from double platinum and a backdrop of flames on my left upper arm. Gene and Paul signed it at the Melbourne Convention in 1993 (private meeting with the press), and then I had their signatures inked permanently.

My personal collection is worth well over $50K. I collect tour book and T-Shirts. I have an original T-Shirt from the early 70's. It features the debut album cover, but it was not released on that tour. I also collect Tribute albums. I have the "Hard to Believe" RED vinyl double album (featuring Nirvana) signed by Paul and Gene. The look on their face when I handed the album to them to sign was priceless.

Totally agree with Monster being a great album.  The closest they have been to the good old days for some time.

I think the production has a lot to do with it. They decided to record the album using analogue equipment and the sound is a lot more "raw" than the modern sound. It had the "feel" of Bob Ezrin's productions. Closer to "Revenge" than "Destroyer", but most of the songs could have easily fit on "Love Gun". I also think that a decision was made to allow Singer and Thayer to "be themselves" rather than sound like Criss and Frehley. There is only one Ace Frehley. Thayer really shines on this album. It is a modern album with tried and trusted recording and production. Songs are strong - "Long way down" is simply awesome.

Sonic Boom and Psycho Circus were both really fractured and disorganized albums. Monster will be considered a classic, and it gives a real kick in the pants to modern bands, and KISS' peers. The new Aerosmith album is an absolute piece of crap next to Monster.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia