Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 129312 times)

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #225 on: May 17, 2015, 04:25:11 PM »
Pic of spinner on new Kiss wld be better. Btw Borg sent me a PM to discuss the red trim. I said don't worry too much, it's easily changed & powdercoat is cheap cheap.

Sarcasm? I gotta say if there's members who aren't interested in the theme for whatever reason please don't spoil this thread for others.

No sarcasm here, just a bit of rib tickling as levity is healthy (you've gotta admit you smiled - am I right?). Super enjoyable  thread - as said very much looking fwd to the upcoming video of gameplay!
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #226 on: May 17, 2015, 05:30:33 PM »
Pic of spinner on new Kiss wld be better. Btw Borg sent me a PM to discuss the red trim. I said don't worry too much, it's easily changed & powdercoat is cheap cheap.

Sarcasm? I gotta say if there's members who aren't interested in the theme for whatever reason please don't spoil this thread for others.

No sarcasm here, just a bit of rib tickling as levity is healthy (you've gotta admit you smiled - am I right?). Super enjoyable  thread - as said very much looking fwd to the upcoming video of gameplay!

Yep fair call but our threads go to shit so easy sometimes.

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #227 on: May 17, 2015, 05:53:10 PM »
True.This pic has the spinner you've zoomed on new Kiss (sorry if duplicate of earlier pic). Are there others on this p/f? And any guess yet (at all) re how this might play? The right side is hard to tell until Gene toy action revealed - but plenty of shots. The left should be very good, like the 4 bumpers, drop targets etc. Overall I just feel it is going to blow previous Stern games out of the water (but I'm biased because I love a bit of open p/f).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 06:02:59 PM by andypinboy »
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #228 on: May 17, 2015, 06:02:11 PM »
I would guess that the other side of the spinner has Gene's tounge on it, such that spinning it would give the illusion of the tounge appearing with the picture of the face.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #229 on: May 17, 2015, 07:58:18 PM »
I would guess that the other side of the spinner has Gene's tounge on it, such that spinning it would give the illusion of the tounge appearing with the picture of the face.

I would have liked to see Ace on the other side and more of Ace on the Pinny everywhere.
The tounge on the other side was also a great idea.

I wonder if someone will do a replacement of the Gene Head and do a ACE or Paul or Peter version.
If I had my choice, an ACE head with a tounge would be cool but maybe a tattoo of a guitar on the tounge for Ace, drums for Peter, and a microphone or guitar on the tounge for Paul Stanley.

This machine will be a dream for aftermarket custom mods.

Still no talk or ideas for a KISS topper, but I was thinking a neon shaped exactly like the

KISS letters and a colour changing set of RGB Leds in it.

Bet someone adds a mini gas propane fire job to the headbox, push a button and a quick gas fire might appear. Done right it might look cool if done safely. Someone crazy will do it I am sure !
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #230 on: May 17, 2015, 08:32:01 PM »

Gotta pull you up here mate. Just about every 2nd post in realtion to JJP or WoZ you lay the boot in about the company or the theme. 

Its all good fun, just be respectful of each other and our opinions.

In my opinion Kiss looks sensational, hope it has a great ruleset.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #231 on: May 17, 2015, 08:34:38 PM »
I think it may be a great player after seeing more of it, but then again it'll depend on what coding or lack of it comes out with. Hopefully kiss demand near complete coding but I doubt they will care. Once coding for any game is close to complete enables me to make a good appraisal of it.  
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #232 on: May 17, 2015, 08:44:39 PM »

Gotta pull you up here mate. Just about every 2nd post in realtion to JJP or WoZ you lay the boot in about the company or the theme. 

Its all good fun, just be respectful of each other and our opinions.

In my opinion Kiss looks sensational, hope it has a great ruleset.

Just trying to keep thread on track and with myself saying this I'm doing what I didn't want to happen-now I'm not sooking up but I'm going to bow out here :) Before any video is released this looks pretty good and I hope everyone enjoys there games and I'm sure they will.

Peter.

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #233 on: May 17, 2015, 09:11:44 PM »

If you have communicated with John Borg from Stern USA and you are serious about it, then I would respectfully suggest that you only use his name in threads/posts if you really have communicated with him in writing and he has clearly said that his correspondence is for public consumption and not confidential.

I think it's a honour to deal with guys like John Borg who are both very busy and talented, yet so down to earth and giving of their time. A lot of the Stern guys closely follow our forum so make sure any posts saying anyone has communicated with a Stern staff member are genuine or u run the risk of having these great blokes not dealing with our forum members of they think someone is using their name unwisely.

Fine line between a joke and upsetting people who we can't afford to get offside.
Borgy is one of the nicest blokes on the planet and he will always reply to genuine correspondence.
Back to Kiss, I think the title is becoming more popular by the day. Borgy has done an outstanding job.
I think this game is going to be very special.

Good Lord you do carry on.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #234 on: May 17, 2015, 09:16:35 PM »
I'd have to say that if "anyone" is in touch with Stern, then I'd LOVE the orange trim rather than the red for the LE. honestly, for the $ we are paying, they could throw in both ?

Ace's image is clear throughout the game, and KISS had A LOT to do with the artwork. Peter only looks like Peter on the side art and the pop bumper cap that bears the classic image. The translite and playfield look a lot more like Eric, but that does not spoil it for me. This game hinged on the the artwork - and using the original line up as the main focus was what had my wallet emptied. If Peter and Ace were not the main focus with Gene and Paul, I'd have passed. Stern were not stupid in the this case. Original line up = BIG Seller. Tribute band line up = massive flop.

Could it be possible that Stern did their homework and checked out the KISS merchandise that sells ? Always the original line up. Every show I've been to since the Reunion - T-Shirts are always gone before the show. Then the tribute line up started touring and the merchandise was mixed artwork from both eras. The original T-shirts sold well before the show, and there were always boxes of the tribute line up that no one was buying. Last show I went to, the original stuff was all gone and rather then buy the tribute T-Shirt, I bought the opening act's T-shirt (Motley Crue) and they are just about the worst live band I've seen (I've seen well over 50 international acts).

The more I see of the game, the more I count the sleeps..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #235 on: May 17, 2015, 11:39:43 PM »
I'd have to say that if "anyone" is in touch with Stern, then I'd LOVE the orange trim rather than the red for the LE. honestly, for the $ we are paying, they could throw in both ?

Ace's image is clear throughout the game, and KISS had A LOT to do with the artwork. Peter only looks like Peter on the side art and the pop bumper cap that bears the classic image. The translite and playfield look a lot more like Eric, but that does not spoil it for me. This game hinged on the the artwork - and using the original line up as the main focus was what had my wallet emptied. If Peter and Ace were not the main focus with Gene and Paul, I'd have passed. Stern were not stupid in the this case. Original line up = BIG Seller. Tribute band line up = massive flop.

Could it be possible that Stern did their homework and checked out the KISS merchandise that sells ? Always the original line up. Every show I've been to since the Reunion - T-Shirts are always gone before the show. Then the tribute line up started touring and the merchandise was mixed artwork from both eras. The original T-shirts sold well before the show, and there were always boxes of the tribute line up that no one was buying. Last show I went to, the original stuff was all gone and rather then buy the tribute T-Shirt, I bought the opening act's T-shirt (Motley Crue) and they are just about the worst live band I've seen (I've seen well over 50 international acts).

The more I see of the game, the more I count the sleeps..

You would think KISS's starting position would have been to push the current band line up.  I expect that Stern barged hard and offered to do the original band or nothing, noting the above reasons.

"The game is on the playfield".  Good code or not, a good playfield can carry weak code.  Good code cannot carry a weak playfield.  KISS 2015 pinball is on fire!

(We shouldn't be calling it KISS 2015.  This will be KISS 2015-2017.)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #236 on: May 18, 2015, 02:38:21 AM »
@BB, it is ALL about the code

When I bought my Batman TDK, I set it up and had a game with the code it shipped with, it was a dud of a game
I updated the game with the newest code, and the game was playable
It took Stern another two years to get the software up to where it is now

I am sure that the sakes of KISS will warrent Stern to put a lit of effort into codeing

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #237 on: May 18, 2015, 08:05:24 AM »
I agree with BB that a firm base is important re pf. And I am getting more excited and a little disappointed I didn't get on board to purchase. But if the code utilizes 10% of the pf's features and/or never takes full advantage of the design then I would be disappointed and class it as a non player/keeper. Lets see how it pans out but I am confident this will be a great game

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #238 on: May 18, 2015, 08:44:51 AM »
I agree with BB that a firm base is important re pf. And I am getting more excited and a little disappointed I didn't get on board to purchase. But if the code utilizes 10% of the pf's features and/or never takes full advantage of the design then I would be disappointed and class it as a non player/keeper. Lets see how it pans out but I am confident this will be a great game

You can still buy the pro or premium
Unless you play better if your machine has anumberd plaque

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #239 on: May 18, 2015, 08:49:46 AM »
I thought LE's have more pf extras like the hammer on metalica etc. No?