Author Topic: Getaway: The restoration (of sorts)  (Read 5613 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Getaway: The restoration (of sorts)
« on: March 22, 2009, 06:19:01 PM »
Continued....

Cabinet completely stripped, transformer out to be cleaned as best I can, everything else will get the nifty soak or tumbler.

Few thinks to seek opinions/advise on...

Firstly - the Williams blue / white paper stuck on the inside r/h/s near power box.  Best way to remove / save these?  I thought they normally have a country on them if they are export?  This one doesn't so its either a US release or AUS????  Anyway I would like to keep it so not sure best method.

Slide rails / lugs....I had issues with this one not working properly on the l/h/s.  now its out, both the rail and the lug thing it slides on a chewed to bits...Will replace these so are these available locally and correct term (couldn't find a p/n in manual)??

Thirdly, - mounting brackets for leg bolts.  I've noticed quite a few people / resto reads about installing the stronger heavy duty ones which bolt in both sides of the cab.  Has anyone used these and can recommend?  Do I need them?

No more updates as it won't be touched for a week.  Playfield strip next weekend....

Thanks guys.

PS thankyou to Tim aka Duckman for his advice re stripping sanding.  Will be putting that into practice in a few weeks..