Author Topic: Getaway: The restoration (of sorts)  (Read 5610 times)

Offline Duckman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Getaway: The restoration (of sorts)
« on: March 22, 2009, 07:06:44 PM »
Continued....

Cabinet completely stripped, transformer out to be cleaned as best I can, everything else will get the nifty soak or tumbler.

Few thinks to seek opinions/advise on...

Firstly - the Williams blue / white paper stuck on the inside r/h/s near power box.  Best way to remove / save these?  I thought they normally have a country on them if they are export?  This one doesn't so its either a US release or AUS????  Anyway I would like to keep it so not sure best method.

Slide rails / lugs....I had issues with this one not working properly on the l/h/s.  now its out, both the rail and the lug thing it slides on a chewed to bits...Will replace these so are these available locally and correct term (couldn't find a p/n in manual)??

Thirdly, - mounting brackets for leg bolts.  I've noticed quite a few people / resto reads about installing the stronger heavy duty ones which bolt in both sides of the cab.  Has anyone used these and can recommend?  Do I need them?

PS thankyou to Tim aka Duckman for his advice re stripping sanding.  Will be putting that into practice in a few weeks..

Hey again Marty,

Re the lables on the inside of the cab, I usually mask them up to respray the black areas, all depending how far you are gonna go (ie, sanding the interior) 

On the lugs for the playfield rails, yes they are available on the PSP website as far as i know. (Used some the other day for a T2)

And as for the leg plates unless the wooden mounting blocks are crushed from overtightening or plates stripped you shouldn't need the wider, more heavy duty ones. Although i do prefer them as the are a lot more secure if you tend to give your machines a good thrashing during play!! !*!

(Should see Mark on his MM, that man shouldn't own such a fine machine. I am suprised i haven't had to replace the leg plates sooner!! &^&)  lol

Shhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell him i said that...... :tumble:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 07:19:10 PM by Strangeways »