Author Topic: KISS Thread  (Read 533 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: KISS Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 07:31:24 PM »
Would be a smash for sure...KISS is the #1 asked for machine and ive never had one for sale. The price puts a lot of people off but it is the one im asked about the most.
KISS fans are right in the demographic of Sterns target home market... making this title would be maximising your sales to your target audience.

But if they cant get KISS then MOTORHEAD with black leather cab covers and the logo on the caps would do me fine, but i dont want the band members heads centre stage.. something more like the cover to OVERKILL would be better.

Rock on dudes....

Could have a Jack Daniel skulling competition mode with Lemmy   ()

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 07:37:04 PM »
Would be a smash for sure...KISS is the #1 asked for machine and ive never had one for sale. The price puts a lot of people off but it is the one im asked about the most.
KISS fans are right in the demographic of Sterns target home market... making this title would be maximising your sales to your target audience.

But if they cant get KISS then MOTORHEAD with black leather cab covers and the logo on the caps would do me fine, but i dont want the band members heads centre stage.. something more like the cover to OVERKILL would be better.

Rock on dudes....

Could have a Jack Daniel skulling competition mode with Lemmy   ()

That would be cool

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 11:56:24 AM »
It has just been put forth on a forum that Gene (From KISS) wanted $3000 per machine for the KISS license
Guess that is why the rumors are now saying a Metalica pinball machine next year

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 12:09:19 PM »
It has just been put forth on a forum that Gene (From KISS) wanted $3000 per machine for the KISS license
Guess that is why the rumors are now saying a Metalica pinball machine next year

That's the first time a figure has been placed on the offer. I've been saying all along that the news I've had (from the KISS camp, not Stern), is that KISS want more control (financially and design) than Stern want to give. Stern keep knocking to do this title because they know is will outsell all other titles. They have to decide to lower their profit, but they will have greatly increased sales that will make up for the reduced margin. It would still give them a bigger profit than any other title.

Metallica would be next, although I heard a Bon Jovi rumor a while ago that won't go away..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 12:58:19 PM »
My inside contact tells me their is NO new band pinball title allocated for 2013 at all. Metallica is simply a rumor of hope versus fact i am told.

A KISS machine wont be profitable to Stern at $3,000 a machine in licence fees IMO surely ??. Maybe $300 or $500 tops i would have thought ???
I wish like Nino they did one, but it wont ever happen with these figures, unless I am missing something....no matter how many they sell, the figures just cant add up, not with those licence fees, and its a risk to Stern to even try unless the fee comes down to something reasonable....

Gene Simmons i ilke, but his ego sometimes is a little big and thinking that placing a silly amount per machine will make the machines more collectable wont transpire into sales for Stern. Money is just too hard to come by these days. Unless they do a 500 run at $12,000 each, maybe that would work ????? Do a JJP and get all machines sold sight unseen, lock your capital in $$ then proceed. This may work...?

The KISS army is huge yes, but will they buy a pinball that someone wants 9 or 10 grand for.....pinball fans who are KISS fans equals yes, but it doesnt mean KISS fans who have never bought a pinball before ever will rush out n get one.......
Shame Gene Simmons doesnt make the fee reasonable so thousands of machines could get sold at reasonable prices versus no machines ever....

I remember being an Ace Frehly fan when I was aboy 8 or 10, and I went to the drive in movies to see the KISS movie, all great memories...A new Stern KISS machine would be awesome.....hope someday they can make a great one with all this new technology...imagine a LCD with movie clips or the jukebox like AC/DC, all very very cool.   $#$
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 01:16:30 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 01:08:10 PM »
My inside contact tells me their is NO new band pinball title allocated for 2013 at all. Metallica is simply a rumor of hope versus fact i am told.

A KISS machine wont be profitable to Stern at $3,000 a machine in licence fees IMO. I wish they did one, but it wont ever happen with these figures, no matter how many they sell, the figures just cant add up, not with those licence fees, and its a risk to Stern to even try unless the fee comes down to something reasonable....Gene Simmons i ilke, but his ego is too big and thinking that placing a silly amount per machine will make the machines more collectable wont transpire into sales for Stern. Money is just too hard to come by these days.

The KISS army is huge yes, but will they buy a pinball that someone wants 9 or 10 grand for.....pinball fans who are KISS fans equals yes, but it doesnt mean KISS fans who have never bought a pinball before ever will rush out n get one.......

Shame Gene Simmons doesnt make the fee reasonable so thousands of machines could get sold at reasonable prices versus no machines ever....

I remember being an Ace Frehly fan when I was aboy 8 or 10, and I went to the drive in movies to see the KISS movie, all great memories...A new Stern KISS machine would be awesome.....hope someday they can make a great one with all this new technology...imagine a LCD with movie clips or the jukebox like AC/DC, all very very cool.  $#$

Its a rumour thats been put onto a forum and like most forum statements it will be 90% speculative and not to be taken as gospel.... it has less substance than an email from Gomez

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 02:13:45 PM »
Bring on a Metallica pin  $&&
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 02:55:43 PM »
Bring on a Metallica pin  $&&

From all reports you will get your wish next year.
I hope it has a Lars napster dummy spit mode and a James can't handle his beer mode.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 03:26:52 PM »

%.% $3000 per machine. What a goose. Not even KISS is that big.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 03:59:26 PM »

Quick, edit your post
a guy could get banned for posting such heresy
;)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 04:15:25 PM »

Quick ban this guy what's he on about KISS are massive your don't know what you on about !! Ha ha lol couldn't help myself.

Peter

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2012, 10:54:01 AM »

Could be $2000, or could be $3000. The point is that Stern will keep asking, and KISS will dictate the terms. That's the way it has always been with their brand, and nothing has ever changed that.

I was discussing the possibility of this pinball with buddies of mine. Neither "get" pinball and don't know who Stern is. Both will buy a new KISS. That's why Stern are so keen.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia