Author Topic: Williams Flash Restoration  (Read 8239 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Williams Flash Restoration
« on: August 01, 2012, 09:53:26 AM »
Nino, How did you get the lockdown bar assembly looking soooo good. ??

It doesn't look like its restored , it looks like its a newly manufactured assembly.

Did you use wire brush and then a buffer, and if so what grade of buffing compound ?

Everything else looks sensational as well, Im sure your buyer will be well pleased.

I knew someone would pick that up, and I'm glad you did. The lock down bar assembly was badly corroded, but after removing the rust and filth, it was in fairly good condition, but it didn't look good. I was thinking of having it zinc plated, but that would cost half the price of a new assembly. I had seen the Rustguard range of White Knight paints. They also make the Hammered paint I use for Stern and 60's Bally doors. I bought "all purpose primer" and "structural steel". The results were amazing, and I only needed two thin coats. I didn't need the primer in the end. So the Lock Down Bar assembly was repainted using the "structural steel" paint - but it need to be used outside, as this paint sticks to everything. It is really thick. The "all purpose primer" and "super chrome" were used for the rear chrome plated part that sits below the backglass channel. That was corroded, and clearly visible. So this is where I used the "all purpose primer" and "super chrome". Really pleasing results.

The head / backglass surround required some touch up work, so I repainted that as well. I tend to do this on all games.

On to the playfield !

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia