Author Topic: Stern Announces - Game Of Thrones  (Read 26421 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Stern Announces - Game Of Thrones
« Reply #120 on: October 02, 2015, 05:27:03 PM »
why would I look at his facebook postings?

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2015, 06:32:48 PM »
why would I look at his facebook postings?

PBP, if you want to play the enigmatic game, that is your prerogative but the fact remains that the individual in question has absolutely no level of respect for anyone on this forum unless they act servile towards his viewpoint.

Anyone who doesn't is abused or insulted - that includes you, me, Retropin, andypinboy and Strangeways just to name a few.

There really isn't much left to say on the matter though I am sure there will be the usual rant appearing overnight typically in the early hours between midnight and 4AM. Good thing I won't be around to waste my time reading it.  %.%

Have a good long weekend anyway.... ^^^

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 06:56:09 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2015, 06:48:20 PM »
Ive heard of sleep walking, sleep eating and sleep talking... but sleep posting?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2015, 09:16:41 PM »
You know there is an "ignore" button, don't you?

+1

As moderators, our job is normally really easy. Members report posts, we see both sides and we respond accordingly.

But when members return fire, thus inflaming the situation, THEN report the thread, then there is not much point in us moderating other than to remove the post and ban ALL the participants  ^&^

It is not a topic for discussion, but do any of you read you comments before you post ? Do any of you think that this childish behavior promotes THIS site or the hobby ? What would NEWBIES think if they wanted to read up on the game and they have to read the constant bickering ?

Find the IGNORE button. Move on..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2015, 10:11:08 PM »

+1

As moderators, our job is normally really easy. Members report posts, we see both sides and we respond accordingly.

But when members return fire, thus inflaming the situation, THEN report the thread, then there is not much point in us moderating other than to remove the post and ban ALL the participants  ^&^

It is not a topic for discussion, but do any of you read you comments before you post ? Do any of you think that this childish behavior promotes THIS site or the hobby ? What would NEWBIES think if they wanted to read up on the game and they have to read the constant bickering ?

Find the IGNORE button. Move on..

Well said, I agree completely.
Sometimes people write things not realising that it can be interpreted the wrong way but when it is clearly deliberate attacking then ALL posts should be removed and members suspended so that the carry on cannot continue.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2015, 02:08:27 PM »

And how did that work out for you, PBP? Cupcake? Snickers Bar? Essentially every member's freedom to express a reasonable opinion continues to be constantly suppressed by a self appointed completely unqualified forum sheriff through the use of personal abuse (unless said opinion is deemed compatible with his own limited and parochial viewpoint).

Moral high ground doesn't work either with these personality types, PBP. You should know that. As you can see with mentally deranged individuals like this, simply posting an opinion that differs from theirs without even quoting their post is enough to trigger a bizarre rambling sociopathic rant.

Stand your ground, defend your position and retaliate when other more civilised options have been exhausted. I reported the posts above and asked for them to be removed - nothing was done hence the retaliation.

Let's face it PBP, the individual in questions life basically revolves entirely around this forum, inane Facebook posts lamenting his personal failures by blaming others, hero worshipping the perceived infallibility of Stern and virtually nothing else because he has completely f u c ked up every other aspect of his real life. Whilst that does allow some leeway and possibly even garner sympathy it doesn't extend to having mutiple forum members being subjected to constant abuse simply because said members can and do have differing opinions on various subject matter.

That's incorrect. You reported two posts (or the same post twice), without any comments included - it is BLANK. You DID NOT ask for any action, and furthermore, we don't follow member "instructions" without checking the facts. Here is the "copy and paste" of your reports - both had NO COMMENT included ;

Start ;

The following post, "Re: Stern Announces - Game Of Thrones" by (member name) has been reported by pinsanity on a board you moderate:

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=14124.msg180515#msg180515

The reporter has made the following comment:

Regards,
The The Aussie Pinball Arcade Team.

End

Please cease making incorrect comments and judgements on the site Mods.

The next post or thread that continues this pattern of behavior will be a permanent ban - from either side of the fence. Mods will be keeping a close eye on this and be enforcing site rules.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline tonyt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2015, 02:16:21 PM »
Never watched the show and have no interest in this title, but the premium looks HEAPS better.

Offline skywalker

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2015, 07:13:34 PM »
Yep also never seen the series, Prem looks a ton better, wait & see how the game plays & any QC issues, With the prem ongoing production happy to wait it out

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2015, 07:51:14 PM »

And how did that work out for you, PBP? Cupcake? Snickers Bar? Essentially every member's freedom to express a reasonable opinion continues to be constantly suppressed by a self appointed completely unqualified forum sheriff through the use of personal abuse (unless said opinion is deemed compatible with his own limited and parochial viewpoint).

Moral high ground doesn't work either with these personality types, PBP. You should know that. As you can see with mentally deranged individuals like this, simply posting an opinion that differs from theirs without even quoting their post is enough to trigger a bizarre rambling sociopathic rant.

Stand your ground, defend your position and retaliate when other more civilised options have been exhausted. I reported the posts above and asked for them to be removed - nothing was done hence the retaliation.

Let's face it PBP, the individual in questions life basically revolves entirely around this forum, inane Facebook posts lamenting his personal failures by blaming others, hero worshipping the perceived infallibility of Stern and virtually nothing else because he has completely f u c ked up every other aspect of his real life. Whilst that does allow some leeway and possibly even garner sympathy it doesn't extend to having mutiple forum members being subjected to constant abuse simply because said members can and do have differing opinions on various subject matter.

That's incorrect. You reported two posts (or the same post twice), without any comments included - it is BLANK. You DID NOT ask for any action, and furthermore, we don't follow member "instructions" without checking the facts. Here is the "copy and paste" of your reports - both had NO COMMENT included ;

Start ;

The following post, "Re: Stern Announces - Game Of Thrones" by (member name) has been reported by pinsanity on a board you moderate:

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=14124.msg180515#msg180515

The reporter has made the following comment:

Regards,
The The Aussie Pinball Arcade Team.

End

Please cease making incorrect comments and judgements on the site Mods.

The next post or thread that continues this pattern of behavior will be a permanent ban - from either side of the fence. Mods will be keeping a close eye on this and be enforcing site rules.
i just want every one to play nice. You don't like a comment or view point, keep it to yourself
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2015, 08:51:43 PM »
Premium looks much better. I'm glad Stern are listening to pinheads. Early indications were that collectors and operators were not placing orders due to the bland artwork package.

I've just picked up that the Premium has a different colour playfield.  I don't think Stern have ever had different colour schemes on play fields across Pro/Premium/LE.  Yes, undoubtedly Stern have done this in response to player and operator feedback.

I agree that that Premium playfield and cabinet artwork looks better than LE and Pro.  It backs my first impression in seeing Tron, that deep blue is the best looking colour on a pinball machine.  What would you think of Tron if it were mostly yellow?

The deep blue on GOT Premium makes for an easy assessment of the affect that deep blue has.  GOT playfield artwork should be yellow to suit the sandy terrain that it is trying to depict, but even though deep blue makes no sense (deep blue stone wall above the flippers - it should be yellow 'sandstone' colour), though it's wrong but looks much better than the yellow.

...When you need a quick fix to pinball artwork, make it deep blue! ^^^
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 08:55:02 PM by Brunswick Brawler »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2015, 05:09:02 AM »
Stern has released a video on FB of their interactive GOT topper.

It is a dragon flapping its wings accompanied by dragon audio of dragon noises and wing flapping noises plus the coloured lights.

It's the best topper I have ever seen.

Not sure if it's on the Stern website yet but it's on the FB Stern postings.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re:
« Reply #131 on: October 16, 2015, 12:46:35 PM »
Brett, it is the epic topper of epicness. Best topper you have ever seen? I have to agree with you there. It is gaudy, loud and in your face.....and I love it!

I'm starting to warm to this game. Looking forward to playing one on site.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2015, 08:35:25 PM »
noticed that the LE now has chain mesh in the shield location but still the desert look

would if they will do themselves a favour and make the pro chain mesh shield.

as for the topper, really think it is a bit over the top and will probably $500 USD so $700-$750 AUD, cash grab
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2015, 08:57:58 PM »
a few interesting photos
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2015, 10:06:54 PM »
The other toppers are selling for USA $399 and sometimes 10 percent off.

AMD would have to supply a landed price if shipped with or without your game.

The toppers are awesome but. I think on the long run the Walking Dead plus KISS plus GOT toppers will be sought after.

Those photos are interesting. Shows pre any work at all those playfields.
Stern has always something new going on.
Good pick up Swinksy.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !