Author Topic: TOM Trunk strengthening and Newton ball issues  (Read 640 times)

Offline TSPP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: TOM Trunk strengthening and Newton ball issues
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 02:54:04 PM »
My trunks the same its getting smashed to bits even worse now since I did the flipper :D may have to look at tape form bunnings. Another question for ToM owners when the ball spits out of the Trap door 7 out of 10 times it goes straight down the guts! I put a little bit of blu-tak under the lid and it does deviate the ball but it looks dodgy $#$ any one suffer this and has a fix, Sorry mate for the thread hijack ^^^

Peter <..>

All good Peter, hope you find a fix. Would bug the hell outta me for sure. need to give a big nudge on the way out by the sounds of it.
.....something witty here

Offline TSPP

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 03:22:57 PM »
Went to buntings and got the tape. Cloth tape. Added some on the inside of the truck, and for double protection put the weather strip on as well. Why not. Will see how it goes.

As for the ball above the newton, loosend the screws underneath and now works great, thanks for the tip Rads ^^^

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 07:50:28 PM »
My trunks the same its getting smashed to bits even worse now since I did the flipper :D may have to look at tape form bunnings. Another question for ToM owners when the ball spits out of the Trap door 7 out of 10 times it goes straight down the guts! I put a little bit of blu-tak under the lid and it does deviate the ball but it looks dodgy $#$ any one suffer this and has a fix, Sorry mate for the thread hijack ^^^

Peter <..>

All good Peter, hope you find a fix. Would bug the hell outta me for sure. need to give a big nudge on the way out by the sounds of it.
I've seen you play and you don't seem to mind a nudge. I'm still trying to find my TZ you played, last I heard you nudged it so hard it's somewhere near Footscray  %.%
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline TSPP

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 08:53:22 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol

Peter <..>

I've seen you play and you don't seem to mind a nudge. I'm still trying to find my TZ you played, last I heard you nudged it so hard it's somewhere near Footscray  %.%

:lol :lol :lol I'll try and nudge it into my garage next time  %.% drop me a pm if your arms are ok and you can come pay me back  ^^^

little update guys. tape and foam seem to be doing the trick so far. 20+ games in and still no chips

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 01:10:02 PM »
Just an update on my Trunk its getting smashed to bits *)* and I'm loving it <.>

Peter

Offline indazone gav

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2011, 03:12:52 PM »
Just an update on my Trunk its getting smashed to bits *)* and I'm loving it <.>

Peter

That comment be could be  misinterpreted LOL

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 03:40:42 PM »
If the tape doesn't work try using silicone, I used silicone to strengthen the back of a few boulders on Wh20, works a treat and the light can still get through

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2011, 02:28:02 PM »

Peter

That comment be could be  misinterpreted LOL

You got it  $#$