Author Topic: Sydney Sucks for pins!!  (Read 574 times)

Offline PeterW

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sutherland Shire
Re: Sydney Sucks for pins!!
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 08:35:41 PM »
I'm a Cronulla boy through and through :)

I don't know how old you are Peter but do you remember Flashs' in that lane way opposite Cronulla Railway Station?  That place was pretty big on the latest pins during the early 80's too.  Man I can't believe you never knew about the pavillion - it was the place to be - in my mind I can still hear Gary Newman's "Cars" or Blondie's "Heart Of Glass" blasting on the Juke Box at that place while we were hitting the pins!!
Yeah, I can't believe I didn't know about that! I spent a lot of time swimming down at the bay as a kid (when the surf was too big). I was born in 1960 so will be 49 later this year. I went to South Cronulla Public and then Cronulla High (and lived to tell the tale).

I do remember Flashes very well... I used to go in there heaps, although mostly to play the video games. I spent hours in the milkbar opposite the Cronulla railway station which had the very first Donkey Kong in the area and I used to play Space Invaders up at Jolly Rogers (the record store). I also played the old flipperless machines in the snooker hall above the newsagency (long gone). They were those flipperless machines where you scored by getting the balls into various holes - old woodrails I think.

Are you still in the area? I live in Caringbah now.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 08:39:18 PM by PeterW »
Gottlieb Fastdraw - Stern Magic