Author Topic: Wms Travel Time  (Read 3866 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Wms Travel Time
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2010, 07:05:12 PM »
Hi guys just another small update for now:

Today i managed to get the black done around the "clock" area and inserts, which i did the fluoro paint on in the previous posts.

First thing i did was to re-mark the outer and inner black circles edges. To do this i used a compass with a sharpie pen to get nice neat circles, that i could paint up to. i stuck several layers of masking tape down so i wouldnt be sticking the compass pint into the pf surface too much! After finding the center by measuring (and some trial and error!) i ended up with nice neat circles ready for the painting step.

Next i marked in the black lines around the inserts, again i just marked the borders with lines to paint up to. I used waterbased acrylic paint and a fine brush to do the black, rather than just using the sharpie ink, as the end results are much better i think. Plus i used the acrylic paint to fill in any minor gaps between the pf wood and the insert.. works a treat when done!!

In the last pic the end result is shown, i still have some minor touchup to do here, a few spots of black to fix up where i went over the sharpie lines slightly, (i did it all freehand) and a couple of small spots of the fluoro colour to brush touch up.

Sorry its just a small update this time.. Im hoping to get some more done over the weekend, The crap weather here is holding me up big time, as its not great weather for painting, especially spraypainting!! will post more over the weekend.. weather permitting!!