Author Topic: Stern Thincoat - Dimples & Craters  (Read 32511 times)

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Stern Thincoat - Dimples & Craters
« Reply #210 on: August 07, 2016, 12:11:32 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/wheresthecode/?fref=nf

if playfields are ghosting within a few days what will the playfield look like in 6 months time
Maybe if it is looked at another way. Take away the fact that it's a pinball with heavy metal balls flying around which they are supposed to be built to do.
If you bought a tv and the corner of the screen started to get blurry after a couple of days, would you be taking it back to the supplier? Or would you leave it as 95% of the screen is still working correctly. Or if you bought a brand new car and the paint started blistering. I'm sure most people would be taking it back.
If I had parted with my hard earned and this started happening  I'd like something done about it.

I agree
Wouldn't you just take it back to the supplier for them to fix it?
They come with a 12 month warranty, but saying that with Aus law due to the cost of it and the fact that it is marketed as a commercial machine the implied warranty would be much more than 12 months especially in home use.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #211 on: August 07, 2016, 07:44:36 PM »
You would think so. If its a big concern why wait. I know if and when I am this concerned hell will break out and not just talk on forums.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Goingpinsane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wa
« Reply #212 on: August 07, 2016, 10:19:28 PM »

if playfields are ghosting within a few days what will the playfield look like in 6 months time

Maybe if it is looked at another way. Take away the fact that it's a pinball with heavy metal balls flying around which they are supposed to be built to do.
If you bought a tv and the corner of the screen started to get blurry after a couple of days, would you be taking it back to the supplier? Or would you leave it as 95% of the screen is still working correctly. Or if you bought a brand new car and the paint started blistering. I'm sure most people would be taking it back.
If I had parted with my hard earned and this started happening  I'd like something done about it.

!@# totally agree with you, that's why I posted a picture and one of the reasons I cancelled my order

Sorry swinks. That wasn't aimed at you. Just everyone affected by the ghosting/insert chipping. It looked like some may just accept this problem because the game is really good to play, then regret not doing something at the start.
I hope it gets resolved because from what I've seen , heard and read it's a fantastic game that's unfortunately being buoyed by these insert issues.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 10:21:36 PM by Goingpinsane »

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #213 on: August 07, 2016, 10:34:34 PM »

!@# totally agree with you, that's why I posted a picture and one of the reasons I cancelled my order

Sorry swinks. That wasn't aimed at you. Just everyone affected by the ghosting/insert chipping. It looked like some may just accept this problem because the game is really good to play, then regret not doing something at the start.
I hope it gets resolved because from what I've seen , heard and read it's a fantastic game that's unfortunately being buoyed by these insert issues.

No worries, and that is the reason I posted this

I had no intention of upsetting people that are in on a game but felt others considering needed to be aware of what is happening. Personally I bailed for a few reasons outside of pinball but quality issues was a heavy reason for holding back for a while. Great game on so many levels but think it is crap that for a company that has been making pinball for 30 years is having so many issues and not communicating with it's customers. Hopefully they sort it out and look after everyone that has issues.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #214 on: August 10, 2016, 10:26:04 PM »
Just unboxed my Ghostbusters LE and phew, thank God, no insert ghosting, but I'm guessing there might be some minor adjustments required. Can't wait to play this baby  %.%

Offline Brettski

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
  • Since I Was A Young Boy I Played The Silver Ball!
    • Strikes and Spares Restoration
« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2016, 07:40:35 PM »
Just unboxed my Ghostbusters LE and phew, thank God, no insert ghosting, but I'm guessing there might be some minor adjustments required. Can't wait to play this baby  %.%

You need to be a bit more careful unboxing your pinballs in the future, I think I can see a scratch on the cabinet! ;)

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2016, 08:15:50 PM »
I'm not great with a box cutter  ^&^

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Re:
« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2016, 08:53:26 PM »
Colour photos please. Unboxing is a special monent.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
« Reply #218 on: August 12, 2016, 07:56:48 PM »
 %.%

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #219 on: August 15, 2016, 08:18:23 PM »
one poor guy even has chunks of clear and art coming off all around the playfield after 154 games, gonna affect Stern big time

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #220 on: August 15, 2016, 09:45:32 PM »
it's not a playfield issue but goes to show that having a big factory and heaps of lines of games to build that they are stuffing up even more. This apparently has happened to a few people - 2 different side rails

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #221 on: August 16, 2016, 02:11:53 PM »
it's not a playfield issue but goes to show that having a big factory and heaps of lines of games to build that they are stuffing up even more. This apparently has happened to a few people - 2 different side rails

That is pathetic. All this talk of a new factory, can't keep up with demand and they take 12 months to release acceptable code.

I know I've tried to promote Stern as much as I can, but they keep letting themselves down.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline KBRI1700

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #222 on: August 16, 2016, 06:25:25 PM »
Until people start voting with their wallet then nothing will change.
People can complain about the poor quality but it will all be forgotten when the next title is released.
Watch for the preorder of the LE version.

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Re:
« Reply #223 on: August 16, 2016, 06:43:13 PM »
That top rail looks like it came from an Avengers spare parts bin.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #224 on: August 16, 2016, 07:00:16 PM »
Alot of people are cancelling and postponing orders so Stern will be noticing.

October 10th or around then is supposed to be the big 30 year celebration and probably bring a lcd / colour dmd along with a new game but they want to fix these issues as it could be the massive negative turn of a big company.

for pinball t-shirts