Author Topic: Stern New Future Release - non licensed  (Read 1281 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Stern New Future Release - non licensed
« on: February 06, 2013, 06:48:20 PM »
It has been stated that George Gomez told a pinsider and a few others that Stern will be doing an original themed game ( $$( unlicensed theme $$() in the not to distant future. It also has been said that an LCD display (normal sized ) not a huge one will be used soon as well.

I wonder if they have finally worked it out with Heighway, Spooky, Jpop all doing custom pins that hey maybe the other companies are on to something  !@#

Hopefully they go a different direction and not try to steal the thunder of spooky / horror and motor bike themes and let the other 3 companies do it....
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: Stern New Future Release - non licensed
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 07:40:35 PM »
It has been stated that George Gomez told a pinsider and a few others that Stern will be doing an original themed game ( $$( unlicensed theme $$() in the not to distant future. It also has been said that an LCD display (normal sized ) not a huge one will be used soon as well.

I wonder if they have finally worked it out with Heighway, Spooky, Jpop all doing custom pins that hey maybe the other companies are on to something  !@#

Hopefully they go a different direction and not try to steal the thunder of spooky / horror and motor bike themes and let the other 3 companies do it....

Well fingers crossed it turns out to be true. Personally I'd like to see a good space themed pin.
What would you guys like to see?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 08:43:19 PM »

About time. This has been exactly what we want to hear. Keep away from movie and music themes.

Personally, I'd like a horror theme, maybe with a bit of humor - similar to Scared Stiff, but with an original character.

I'm going to remain POSITIVE about this news. My passing "shot" is that those asking for innovation from stern can see that they wait for others to innovate, and then copy.

But this is the best news out of Stern for a while. Happy Days indeed !!
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:48:24 PM »
I am getting in the mood for a NIB one day and HOPEFULLY something special and ORIGINAL can come from Stern shortly.

Regardless of the Stern 'knockers' around and some of their shortcomings in some recent titles in regards to parts quality and aesthetics, I would rather buy NIB from an entrenched and long established company than one of the newer 'suck it and see' ventures  #@#
DW Drums rule !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 08:49:45 PM »
mmmmm... big pinch of salt on this... wasnt that long back that the next pin release from Stern was going to be Capt America..

Rumour..rumour...rumour.

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 08:53:22 PM »
But it's nice to dream Gav  ^^^
DW Drums rule !

Offline coon82

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 09:54:14 PM »
Any talk of the possible theme? There is definitely becoming more and more choice. One of the real positives I see is each company has their own ideas of what makes a good pinball, which will bring innovation and different opinions on what the pinball community want to see.
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 09:32:48 AM »
I am looking forward to John Borgs next title. X Men was excellent, and he told me personally that his next title is going to blow even X Men away and that he was extremely excited about his next title, even more than any other before it.....

So it just might be the Borgy machine that might be the unlicenced one ??? hard to know, but the special stuff coming out of Stern for 2013 and 2014 shld be awesome ! I cant wait.

and the unlicenced theme i would like to see would be >>

space alien horror theme with cool toys   
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:43:26 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 12:43:14 PM »
Something more down to earth would be interesting.
How about Tsunami.
Just imagine, the shaker motor gives a bit of a workout, the tectonic plates on the playfield move shake and twist. You  have to race the clock to prevent catastrophe and nuclear meltdown.
With shaker, good lighting wow toys and LCD, I reckon this would be a hit. Another posibility would be to incorporate some lighting effects into the cabinet. Technology is cheaper by the day so why not use it.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 11:25:33 AM »
 $#$ hooray about bloody time
SURFING SURFING SURFING SURFING SURFING !  && or at least something based around the ocean
OR
at the very least something with so much humour you don't need to understand any rules as you will be ROFL  %.%
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 06:16:25 PM »
$#$ hooray about bloody time
SURFING SURFING SURFING SURFING SURFING !  && or at least something based around the ocean
OR
at the very least something with so much humour you don't need to understand any rules as you will be ROFL  %.%

now you have hit the mark - surfing - love it and would buy it in a flash.....
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline noj472

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat, Victoria
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 07:24:33 PM »
How about a theme based on a famous U.S city??

NYC - with a brooklyn bridge ramp and east and hudson river drop targets - Central Park mini playfield etc.

LA - Earthquake multiball - maybe even riot multiball?? and sunset srip and melrose drive ramps and light up hollywood for super jackpot.

Las Vegas - roulette spinning wheel - Hoover Dam mini playfield - hit the slot machine for a jackpot (yes, sorry TZ) you know the rest!!

You could do Paris but sales in America would be low ;-p

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 01:43:23 PM »
Borgys next title will be released in April (Pro version only) with the LE version will be released in May.

(info straight from John via email yesterday). I tried hard to get confirmation on what the title was, but no luck.lol

So less than 1 month to release, and the announcement is only a few weeks away according to Borgy. Exciting times.  ^^^

licenced or non licenced ?  but i believe this one is licenced.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 02:31:20 PM »
That might sell in the USA but probably nowhere else IMO

How about a theme based on a famous U.S city??

NYC - with a brooklyn bridge ramp and east and hudson river drop targets - Central Park mini playfield etc.

LA - Earthquake multiball - maybe even riot multiball?? and sunset srip and melrose drive ramps and light up hollywood for super jackpot.

Las Vegas - roulette spinning wheel - Hoover Dam mini playfield - hit the slot machine for a jackpot (yes, sorry TZ) you know the rest!!

You could do Paris but sales in America would be low ;-p

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 03:53:29 PM »
Borgys next title will be released in April (Pro version only) with the LE version will be released in May.

(info straight from John via email yesterday). I tried hard to get confirmation on what the title was, but no luck.lol

So less than 1 month to release, and the announcement is only a few weeks away according to Borgy. Exciting times.  ^^^

licenced or non licenced ?  but i believe this one is licenced.

Wow, rumor out one week, pinball announcement the next, shipping in 1 month! Has stern learned nothing from JJP?

Stop making good pinbally, my pocket can't afford it!