Author Topic: Price check AFM  (Read 850 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Price check AFM
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 09:08:01 PM »
here is a nice restore, with a nice vid to show what he has done - same guy that is doing the US creature lcd

utoplay=1&rel=0

interesting thing is some of the brackets under the platfield are a powder coated chrome - something I have heard of.

Now there's a nice restore from the US.

RE: Powdercoating chrome. You can get this done in Aus as well, swinks with any powdercoater who uses the Interpon powdercoating range. The powdercoating chrome is a 2 part process of silver and then adding a gloss overcoat to give it the "fake chrome" shine. It does look good as a cheaper alternative to straight chroming, but doesn't match the quality of high polished chrome work.

Here it is as an example on a leg of a TZ I did (compare the finish of the powdercoat with the straight chromed and mirror polished coin door - primarily the lack of reflection in the leg- you just won't get that level of mirror reflection with powdercoat compared to chrome).

I did this as a test run as powdercoating is cheap to apply and remove and standard pinball legs are easily removable/interchangeable.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 09:45:12 PM by pinsanity »