Author Topic: LED Flipper Button Help For GNR  (Read 8069 times)

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
LED Flipper Button Help For GNR
« on: February 20, 2013, 12:00:22 AM »
While installing LED's in my machine I was missing a couple so when Cointaker sent them out to me I decided to take advantage of the postage and get some red LED flipper buttons as well.  My problem is the instructions with them only tell you how to install them on a Stern or Williams, not a Data East.

I'm pretty useless so if anybody can give me some direction on what I should be doing it would be appreciated.  Ive read where people just use the same power source that goes to the start button so maybe that's what I should do.  But any help on how to do that would be appreciated.

On a separate note, (or maybe it's related) I have always wondered why there are 3 or four different connectors in the bottom of the cabinet that just sit loose, not connected to anything.

Offline Dazzat

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: LED Flipper Button Help For GNR
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 04:22:59 PM »
I have something that is the same from a different company with superbrite blue and clear buttons.

I just soldered mine by tracing the wire from the coin door light on my Star wars trilogy further into the cabinet and stripped the wire then heat shrank for safety again... Funny enough during game play they flash on off and on so that was a bonus.

Just cut the plug off, solder wires together as + and - then multimeter the + and - on the coin door light and you are good to go!

Offline Slash

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 09:57:33 PM »
Thank you for the reply.

I thought I could probably do something like that but wasn't sure.  I didn't know if it was ok to  have say the wires going to the coin door light or start button and basically branch them off at some point into two. I guess the fact they are LEDs and don't use much power means I can get away with splitting the wires off in 2 directions.

Offline SalvatoreMeyer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 05:37:06 PM »
While installing LED's in my machine I was missing a couple so when Cointaker sent them out to me I decided to take advantage of the postage and get some red LED flipper buttons as well.  My problem is the instructions with them only tell you how to install them on a Stern or Williams, not a Data East.

I'm pretty useless so if anybody can give me some direction on what I should be doing it would be appreciated.  Ive read where people just use the same power source that goes to the start button so maybe that's what I should do.  But any help on how to do that would be appreciated.

On a separate note, (or maybe it's related) I have always wondered why there are 3 or four different connectors in the bottom of the cabinet that just sit loose, not connected to anything.

Hello friend I am looking for similar flipper button.. can you tell the price and provide a short review?Looking forward for quick reply... Thanks:)

Offline SalvatoreMeyer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 03:34:32 AM »
While installing LED's in my machine I was missing a couple so when Cointaker sent them out to me I decided to take advantage of the postage and get some red led lighting flipper buttons as well.  My problem is the instructions with them only tell you how to install them on a Stern or Williams, not a Data East.

Hello friend I am looking for similar flipper button.. can you tell the price and provide a short review?Looking forward for quick reply... Thanks:)

Still waiting for reply

Offline Slash

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 10:37:13 AM »
Sorry only just noticed your post.

They cost me about $30USD from Cointaker.  Unfortunately I can't provide a review since I still haven't installed them yet.  They are just sitting there along with a set of mirror blades for the game that I haven't put on either.

I've been working on something else in the meantime so this has taken a back seat.