Author Topic: Down down, prices are down...  (Read 7265 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Down down, prices are down...
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2013, 06:47:01 PM »
Its pretty basic Gav, the more u charge, the less people you capture for a product.

How many people didnt buy the WOZ because it was 10 grand ? Lots here in Australia, and I believe lots worldwide. They sold 1,000 only.
Perhaps they could have sold 3 times or 5 times that if they catered to the $6600 Pro market etc as well.
Many AP members have said they dont feel comfortable spending 10 grand on a pinny, regardless of the title and maker.
You are an example Gav, u often say u wouldnt pay $6600 or $10,000 for a new pinny. Well, what about the hundreds who are happy to spend $6600, but no more. JJP;s marketing stradegy of one very expensive model only, has lost alot of the mid range buyers. Stern caters for them, and sells heaps because of it.  JJP could do the same.

One model, one price, thats very limiting....... its just like Holden selling one car only compared to say Ford selling several models. Its not hard to work out who will sell the most cars.

Yes.. we all understand that bit.. its where you say that every man and his dog will have a WOZ soon and therefore more will hit the 2nd hand market and drive prices down.. with only 1000 sold, i cant see this happening at all

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »
I am enjoying the upgraded forum software

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2013, 07:14:26 PM »

Why can't I ignore a certain member on a iPad?

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2013, 07:21:26 PM »

They sold 1,000 only.

JJP only offered 1000 units of the "LE" model,  its incorrect to say  "they only sold 1000"
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2013, 08:17:28 PM »
Ahh but can you say with 100% honesty that your not even slightly curious about what amazing wisdom that is being passed onto us ??

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2013, 09:22:57 PM »

Why can't I ignore a certain member on a iPad?
don't know if you're having a lend but that function does work on an ipad as I've tried it. Works on the surface rt too.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2013, 09:32:05 PM »

Me too, AP is a great place to be!
I felt the old software was starting to make me hate new Sterns with its constant annoying pop up messages  :lol

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2013, 10:01:29 PM »
Its pretty basic Gav, the more u charge, the less people you capture for a product.

How many people didnt buy the WOZ because it was 10 grand ? Lots here in Australia, and I believe lots worldwide. They sold 1,000 only.
Perhaps they could have sold 3 times or 5 times that if they catered to the $6600 Pro market etc as well.
Many AP members have said they dont feel comfortable spending 10 grand on a pinny, regardless of the title and maker.
You are an example Gav, u often say u wouldnt pay $6600 or $10,000 for a new pinny. Well, what about the hundreds who are happy to spend $6600, but no more. JJP;s marketing stradegy of one very expensive model only, has lost alot of the mid range buyers. Stern caters for them, and sells heaps because of it.  JJP could do the same.

One model, one price, thats very limiting....... its just like Holden selling one car only compared to say Ford selling several models. Its not hard to work out who will sell the most cars.

Completely misleading. Can you find me the link that states WOZ is $10,000 ?

Not my opinion, but here are the facts - http://www.pinballsales.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=97&idcategory=2

AC/DC Premium, here's the link - http://www.pinballsandgames.com/pinballs-new-stern.html

$5 difference and one is a widebody. Again, "apples for apples" - Stern and JJP see the home market as Premium model.

Your claim of "how many people didn't buy WOZ because it was $10,000" is flawed. Simply because WOZ costs $7000.

One model, one price. This worked for 40 years.

Nino, why are u quoting American prices mate, we dont live in the USA, we live in Australia !
If u contact Bumper Action, the price for a LE Woz is $10,000 minus a few hundred dollars only.
If u ask them for a price on a Hobbit, same deal, its $10,000 minus a few hundred dollars. Nothing flawed with my mathematics.
But, *Why are u quoting american prices with your links. Clearly a waste of time for Australian buyers.
Why do u tell me my pricing is misleading/flawed when I live in Australia and I quote Australian pricing.
Who is using incorrect pricing when u quote links with American prices. If u live in the USA fine, but last time i checked u lived in Victoria, as did 99 percent of the AP forum.
Please dont tell me my prices are misleading when they are spot on. Your $7,000 is USA pricing, not delivered to Australia, no GST calculated, no import fees or any australian delivery. Clearly a waste of time quoting USA prices. My prices are not misleading, thanks.

You say one model one price, worked for 40 years etc. Yes Nino, but so did aeroplanes with propellers, but we now have jets. Not everyone wants to live in the past. The pinball industry has moved on, and so have alot of its customers, hence Stern selling 4 different models and doing very well at it.

Also, someone said JJP only sold 1,000 units cause it was limited at 1,000 units, but when i wrote to Bumper Action last month, they still had multiple WOZ Le models unsold, and I asked how many STD Siver WOZ models they had sold, the answer - NONE !
Hence, u sell more pinnys at lower amounts of money.

I have a friend who is involved with a dealership in the USA for JJP, he says he hasnt sold any Std Woz models at all, and doesnt know any dealers who have. Therefore, its safe to say that JJP might sell 1,000 LE Woz, but unlike Stern, they havent sold 5 units to 1 of std Pro, Premium etc compared to their LE.   It would be worrying to JJP that they have sold barely any STD Silver Woz models, but one has to wonder, if they had a Pro model at our $6600 instead of the almost $10,000, who knows how many more std units they would have sold.
Can anyone tell me the incentive for anyone to buy a STD Woz instead of a LE, when its dearer, and has only half of the extras ?

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:04:20 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2013, 10:12:56 PM »

I felt the old software was starting to make me hate new Sterns with its constant annoying pop up messages  :lol

I'm finding it very enjoyable myself, its a great feature
for the first time in months I have not felt like selling my Sterns, plus the bonus of not having to read piss & dribble posts anymore
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2013, 10:16:41 PM »
Why does my ipad let me edit 6 hrs after I posted it?

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2013, 10:23:25 PM »

I'm finding it very enjoyable myself, its a great feature
for the first time in months I have not felt like selling my Sterns, plus the bonus of not having to read piss & dribble posts anymore

What has this post got to do with the subject at hand ? what was it u were saying about piss n dribble posts.
Do we really need this sort of crap on our threads again ? the whole idea of the ignore function was to stop baiting comments like this piss n dribble talk, so why are u posting this stuff which has nothing to do with the pinball post/thread at hand ?

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2013, 10:26:13 PM »

I have a friend who is involved with a dealership in the USA for JJP, he says he hasnt sold any Std Woz models at all, and doesnt know any dealers who have. Therefore, its safe to say that JJP might sell 1,000 LE Woz, but unlike Stern, they havent sold 5 units to 1 of std Pro, Premium etc compared to their LE.   It would be worrying to JJP that they have sold barely any STD Silver Woz models, but one has to wonder, if they had a Pro model at our $6600 instead of the almost $10,000, who knows how many more std units they would have sold.
Can anyone tell me the incentive for anyone to buy a STD Woz instead of a LE, when its dearer, and has only half of the extras ?

Sounds like the STD Silver WOO may become rarer than the LE, now that would be incentive to buy one.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2013, 10:30:43 PM »
Jack will need to push the Std Silver WOZ prices down i believe to keep the sales happening, but there is no incentive to buy a Std Silver WOZ.
I know Jack said he wanted to sell 3 or 4 std silver WOZ machines for every LE. He was hoping on really strong sales after the LE models were pushed out of the factory. Also, if this doesnt happen, JJP will have to close its production line down between the end of WOZ production, and the start of say the Hobbitt. This is why sales of the STD Silver one will be soooo important for JJP.

Stern also has to keep the prices down, cause even just a few hundred dollars increase will upset alot of people on principal alone.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2013, 10:32:00 PM »
By memory I was quoted around 8.6k for a standard WOZ are you kidding!!! God I hope it's better than the latest video it's a snooze fest.

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2013, 10:32:44 PM »
By memory I was quoted around 8.6k for a standard WOZ are you kidding!!! God I hope it's better than the latest video it's a snooze fest.

Peter

*%*
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"