Author Topic: Down down, prices are down...  (Read 7227 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Down down, prices are down...
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2013, 10:35:01 PM »
Its pretty basic Gav, the more u charge, the less people you capture for a product.

How many people didnt buy the WOZ because it was 10 grand ? Lots here in Australia, and I believe lots worldwide. They sold 1,000 only.
Perhaps they could have sold 3 times or 5 times that if they catered to the $6600 Pro market etc as well.
Many AP members have said they dont feel comfortable spending 10 grand on a pinny, regardless of the title and maker.
You are an example Gav, u often say u wouldnt pay $6600 or $10,000 for a new pinny. Well, what about the hundreds who are happy to spend $6600, but no more. JJP;s marketing stradegy of one very expensive model only, has lost alot of the mid range buyers. Stern caters for them, and sells heaps because of it.  JJP could do the same.

One model, one price, thats very limiting....... its just like Holden selling one car only compared to say Ford selling several models. Its not hard to work out who will sell the most cars.

Completely misleading. Can you find me the link that states WOZ is $10,000 ?

Not my opinion, but here are the facts - http://www.pinballsales.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=97&idcategory=2

AC/DC Premium, here's the link - http://www.pinballsandgames.com/pinballs-new-stern.html

$5 difference and one is a widebody. Again, "apples for apples" - Stern and JJP see the home market as Premium model.

Your claim of "how many people didn't buy WOZ because it was $10,000" is flawed. Simply because WOZ costs $7000.

One model, one price. This worked for 40 years.

Nino, why are u quoting American prices mate, we dont live in the USA, we live in Australia !
If u contact Bumper Action, the price for a LE Woz is $10,000 minus a few hundred dollars only.
If u ask them for a price on a Hobbit, same deal, its $10,000 minus a few hundred dollars. Nothing flawed with my mathematics.
But, *Why are u quoting american prices with your links. Clearly a waste of time for Australian buyers.
Why do u tell me my pricing is misleading/flawed when I live in Australia and I quote Australian pricing.
Who is using incorrect pricing when u quote links with American prices. If u live in the USA fine, but last time i checked u lived in Victoria, as did 99 percent of the AP forum.
Please dont tell me my prices are misleading when they are spot on. Your $7,000 is USA pricing, not delivered to Australia, no GST calculated, no import fees or any australian delivery. Clearly a waste of time quoting USA prices. My prices are not misleading, thanks.

You say one model one price, worked for 40 years etc. Yes Nino, but so did aeroplanes with propellers, but we now have jets. Not everyone wants to live in the past. The pinball industry has moved on, and so have alot of its customers, hence Stern selling 4 different models and doing very well at it.

Also, someone said JJP only sold 1,000 units cause it was limited at 1,000 units, but when i wrote to Bumper Action last month, they still had multiple WOZ Le models unsold, and I asked how many STD Siver WOZ models they had sold, the answer - NONE !
Hence, u sell more pinnys at lower amounts of money.

I have a friend who is involved with a dealership in the USA for JJP, he says he hasnt sold any Std Woz models at all, and doesnt know any dealers who have. Therefore, its safe to say that JJP might sell 1,000 LE Woz, but unlike Stern, they havent sold 5 units to 1 of std Pro, Premium etc compared to their LE.   It would be worrying to JJP that they have sold barely any STD Silver Woz models, but one has to wonder, if they had a Pro model at our $6600 instead of the almost $10,000, who knows how many more std units they would have sold.
Can anyone tell me the incentive for anyone to buy a STD Woz instead of a LE, when its dearer, and has only half of the extras ?

Where's the link to the AUS$10,000 price ?

Here's the link to an AUSTRALIAN AC/DC - http://www.amdcoinop.com/Pinballs.htm - Scroll down to AC/DC PREMIUM and you will see the AUS$8200 pricetag.

No pricing on the AUSTRALIAN DISTRIBUTOR'S website (surprise surprise), but I've been reliably told the price was $8290 with an increase from the distributor of $500 from July 1

So, here we go again - Apples for Apples, there's NO difference other than AUS$90 more for a WOZ - but lets keep in mind that it is a widebody, and AC/Dc is NOT.

I would order direct from Jack, hence the USA prices, which as you can logically see, is the same in Australian dollars.

Value for money, obviously WOZ is in front. So money has NOTHING to do with it.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2013, 10:37:08 PM »
By memory I was quoted around 8.6k for a standard WOZ are you kidding!!! God I hope it's better than the latest video it's a snooze fest.

Peter

I was quoted $9250 plus $250 delivery for a Std WOZ. Then, $9800 for a LE Model.  Its just too much.
I reckon JJP will drop pricing on the Std Silver WOZ models, they will have to.
Its all good the guys got a deal/discount almost 2 years ago on a prepay / pre-order deal, but not today.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2013, 10:38:27 PM »
By memory I was quoted around 8.6k for a standard WOZ are you kidding!!! God I hope it's better than the latest video it's a snooze fest.

Peter

I was quoted $9250 plus $250 delivery for a Std WOZ. Then, $9800 for a LE Model.  Its just too much.
I reckon JJP will drop pricing on the Std Silver WOZ models, they will have to.
Its all good the guys got a deal/discount almost 2 years ago on a prepay / pre-order deal, but not today.

From who ?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2013, 10:49:47 PM »
Bumper.
And the prices had gone up since i checked the month or so before.
They also had LE models avail as well. Not sure what the go is this week, whether they have sold out again or not.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2013, 10:59:30 PM »
Wow this thread turned to shit quickly

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2013, 11:02:05 PM »
Turned interesting quickly, some may say ()

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2013, 11:07:07 PM »
JJP has also said u cannot order direct from them if u live in Australia for the Hobbitt. I have that on email from JJP.
You have to use the Bumper Pricing which is nothing like the JJP USA site pricing, hence why I say using USA pricing links are no good here in OZ anymore.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2013, 11:13:03 PM »
No listing on Bumper site for WOZ pricing.. not sure why you wouldnt list the price when your supposed to be the ONLY distributor - not like the competition can beat your price is it?
 Managed to find this listing for WOZ in US.

http://www.pinballs.com/

LE WOZ $8795 ( apparently 3 available)
STD $7000

ACDC on release in US prices:

Pro - $5699
Premium - $7699
LE - $8499

So STD WOZ sits between ACDC Pro and Premium and $300 above ACDC LE.

In US at least it would seem the the JJP launch pin is priced to suit the market.. wide body with many more features and supposed superior build quality.
When you look at the launch prices, its an even market id say.

Bumper will continue to kill their own market im afraid and its very likely that the choice of distributor for Australia has been a mistake

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2013, 11:19:58 PM »
The mistake is granting sole distributorship to one company in oz. Stern have done the same thing and there is no competition as a result.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2013, 11:22:43 PM »
?? can Bumper be blamed if they only add on the freight, the customs/clearance, the gst and the delivery for Aust customers.

I mean, $8795 in the USA is alot of money, alot of money, but by the time it gets here with all the add ons, what can Bumper do ? they have to make a dollar and pay all the costs. The problem is, the std silver WOZ here is more than the original LE pricing. Freight, customs, gst n delivery, plus the Bumper profit, kills it. Is it Bumpers fault, or shld JJP lower the pricing for overseas markets ? who is going to buy a silver model ? imagine trying to resell it compared to a LE with all the goods.

Its a problem for Australian JJP buyers. Prices compared to the LE arent down, and thats the issue.
TonyT's comment is also spot on. U need competition ....

Anyway, i am going to bed. I wont be dreaming about a WOZ, unless they release a Pro.lol   <..>

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2013, 11:27:35 PM »
The mistake is granting sole distributorship to one company in oz. Stern have done the same thing and there is no competition as a result.

Couldnt agree more... shop around in US and you can buy ACDC Pro for $5K delivered!
Prices in US have come down for NIB since the titles launch... not so here and it never will.
WOZ in US price will come down once the fuss is over.. not here and never will.

Like ive said before - our dollar may be high but its not getting passed onto us consumers, not for NIB pinballs anyway.. couple that with ZERO competition and we are buggered.

One thing of note.. on the JJP site it states that Bumper of Melbourne are the sole distributors for that region... im hoping thats whats stated in the contract and its only good for Melbourne!

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2013, 11:32:58 PM »
?? can Bumper be blamed if they only add on the freight, the customs/clearance, the gst and the delivery for Aust customers.

I mean, $8795 in the USA is alot of money, alot of money, but by the time it gets here with all the add ons, what can Bumper do ? they have to make a dollar and pay all the costs. The problem is, the std silver WOZ here is more than the original LE pricing. Freight, customs, gst n delivery, plus the Bumper profit, kills it. Is it Bumpers fault, or shld JJP lower the pricing for overseas markets ? who is going to buy a silver model ? imagine trying to resell it compared to a LE with all the goods.

Its a problem for Australian JJP buyers. Prices compared to the LE arent down, and thats the issue.

Anyway, i am going to bed. I wont be dreaming about a WOZ, unless they release a Pro.lol   <..>

No- Distributor here would have bought at same or under the price of distributor in US, meaning that $8795 is a price with good profit on it already.. fill a container, pay GST, add to price and Bobs your uncle.. dollar here is worth more so your profit is more than US distributor.

Paying more for the standard model once here is the ultimate piss take on the part of said distributor... maybe they are secretly working for Bruce and its a deceptive act of negative marketing?

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2013, 11:56:41 PM »
Turned interesting quickly, some may say ()

LOL.

p.s. I yelled "LOL" when I read this post. The cat jumped in the air. We don't even own a cat.
 @@^

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2013, 12:02:39 AM »
Bumper.
And the prices had gone up since i checked the month or so before.
They also had LE models avail as well. Not sure what the go is this week, whether they have sold out again or not.

Still no link to AUS$10,000 for a WOZ..

JJP has also said u cannot order direct from them if u live in Australia for the Hobbitt. I have that on email from JJP.
You have to use the Bumper Pricing which is nothing like the JJP USA site pricing, hence why I say using USA pricing links are no good here in OZ anymore.

We are discussing WOZ and the misleading AUS$10,000 pricetag. I know that I can order a WOZ direct from JJP if I wanted to for US$7000. WOZ does NOT cost AUS$10,000 - that's the issue here.

Now we bounce back to USA pricing and AGAIN, it is misleading. WOZ IS US$7000 (not US$8795) which is the equivalent of a Stern PREMIUM model. In this case, AC/DC. At no point was a WOZ LE part of the discussion !

Freight costs the same whether you are JJP, Stern or anyone else importing a pinball machine. Some distributors are more greedy than others.

Exactly correct. This needs to be addressed ASAP. Stern have NO IDEA how to market in Australia. JJP will need to address this as well.

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2013, 01:16:14 AM »
Wow this thread turned to shit quickly