Author Topic: Down down, prices are down...  (Read 7157 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Down down, prices are down...
« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2013, 02:57:29 AM »
Perhaps this will make a nice bookend to this thread (or simply start another chapter #@#) but I know the buyer (and only bidder) of the ACDC Pro for 4k in the first post in this thread and he has said to me that the pin is in as new condition with not even a blown globe and no error reports. No cabinet damage and no fade since it was sited in between two other machines and onsite for only 2 months after being purchased brand new from AMD in Dec 2012..

He also confirms that the seller was very helpful in describing condition but was getting sick of tyrekickers hence the curt responses.

Finally, according to the seller the machine was a dud onsite hence the reason for offloading "deadwood" and replacing it with something that actually makes coin.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 02:59:14 AM by pinsanity »

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2013, 07:52:37 AM »
Perhaps this will make a nice bookend to this thread (or simply start another chapter #@#) but I know the buyer (and only bidder) of the ACDC Pro for 4k in the first post in this thread and he has said to me that the pin is in as new condition with not even a blown globe and no error reports. No cabinet damage and no fade since it was sited in between two other machines and onsite for only 2 months after being purchased brand new from AMD in Dec 2012..

He also confirms that the seller was very helpful in describing condition but was getting sick of tyrekickers hence the curt responses.

Finally, according to the seller the machine was a dud onsite hence the reason for offloading "deadwood" and replacing it with something that actually makes coin.

Excellent buy by the purchaser!
You don't know what the seller replaced it with do you? Was it another pin at least?

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2013, 09:27:49 AM »

Replaced with something that will make coin let me think *!@ wouldnt be any pinball machine I know it must have been a crane machine thats the only coin op that makes money on site these days  !!!

Peter

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2013, 09:56:54 AM »
Lol

You know the seller %.% no, you just read a thread about this auction on another forum and reported back here/

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2013, 11:45:12 AM »
I don't visit other Australian based pinball forums, but for what it is worth, the buyer is also selling a Hyperpin virtual pinball cab.

I have also in the past assisted him with a sale/valuation of an AFM he owned and needed guidance during a restoration he did on it and the provision of parts for said machine and that is how we struck up a dialogue.

Hope this clears up any confusion for some.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321083044822?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p4340.l2565&rt=nc&item=251235240128

Only one Aussie based pinball forum is worth visiting/contributing to and that is Aussie Pinball since most persons (with one or two exceptions whistle) are in it for the pinball.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 02:59:07 PM by pinnies4me »

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2013, 12:38:39 PM »

You don't know what the seller replaced it with do you? Was it another pin at least?

Hey crash,

Great buy to be sure - not so great for a seller, though.

Not sure what they replaced it with to be honest (pin or other).

I've dropped the seller an email asking.

Cheers.

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2013, 06:21:31 PM »

Hey crash,

Great buy to be sure - not so great for a seller, though.

Not sure what they replaced it with to be honest (pin or other).

I've dropped the seller an email asking.

Cheers.

Thanks. I have zero interest in sighting anything but just wanted to know what makes the operators money these days. I kinda assumed that it wasn't another pin which is a shame (then again I'm not the one relying on it bringing in the coin for a living) because you couldn't really get more high profile than an ACDC at the moment so I figure Gorgar (Peter) is probably right with the crane.

Offline mickthepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2013, 09:55:50 PM »
If your not getting the LE forget about it

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2013, 12:12:09 AM »
Ive seen this before.. isnt this with the guy that imports your machine for $500?... buy your pin for $4000 ( ACDC pro is $3995 inc shipping USA).. add $500 and you have NIB bar the GST.

Thats ACDC pro for approx $4880 landed

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2013, 12:46:24 AM »
I will ring up, I will take a few at that price.lol

Lets see what deposit u have to put down, and where we can pick up the BNIB pinnys from. ??

I will believe it when i see it.......mmmmm, how is the gst being paid, the import costs, customs etc etc, and the price is still very very low.

I shall make a phonecall tomorrow and find out and report back !  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2013, 04:51:39 AM »
Ive seen this before.. isnt this with the guy that imports your machine for $500?... buy your pin for $4000 ( ACDC pro is $3995 inc shipping USA).. add $500 and you have NIB bar the GST.

Thats ACDC pro for approx $4880 landed

..................and then it won't work in Aus without a $200 modification that a future buyer may turn their nose up at,,,,,,,
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2013, 10:20:32 PM »
I got a email back from this seller.

NIB pins start at $3999 ( nothing more to pay) and will need a stepdown transformer that the seller also supplies for $75.

Is that all us sterns need to run in aus?

$1000 deposit required and the balance paid on pickup.

I don't know if it is all above board or not but it sure sounds temtping.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"