Author Topic: FFS. Second mate this year???  (Read 2781 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
FFS. Second mate this year???
« on: March 03, 2013, 11:42:07 PM »
Recently found out a good mate was king hit last night and is currently in hospital in an enduced coma with part of his skull removed.  Out the front of his own house no less these people need to be locked up nothing against a good old fashioned punch up but these weak pricks who sneak up!!!

Same thing happened a couple of months ago to my cousin in a coma for two week or more.   Who needs this shit !!!   

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: FFS. Second mate this year???
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 11:48:31 PM »
Recently found out a good mate was king hit last night and is currently in hospital in an enduced coma with part of his skull removed.  Out the front of his own house no less these people need to be locked up nothing against a good old fashioned punch up but these weak pricks who sneak up!!!

Same thing happened a couple of months ago to my cousin in a coma for two week or more.   Who needs this shit !!!   

Very sad to hear. I hope he pulls through ok and those responsible are locked up for a long time. Unfortunately there are a small number of absolute morons out there who have no consideration for the outcomes of their actions or the impact it's likely to have on so many people.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 11:56:19 PM »
Yeah still trying to find out details but don't want to hassle his Missus she has enough to deal with.

No doupt the wanker will get  slap on the wrist like most times.   You never know he might even get some sort of government benefit so he can sit home all day and breed more f**kwits.   Lol

Karma is a bitch

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 12:25:31 AM »
Sorry to hear mate, hope he has a quick recovery.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 12:28:00 AM »
Thanks guys yeah fingers are crossed.

Sucks bad enough not knowing and I'm only his mate can't imagine what his family are going through.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 02:14:30 AM »
Hope he recovers

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 06:41:21 AM »
I hope he makes a fast recovery and and that his family are ok.

https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 08:26:28 AM »
Hope your mate comes out the other side OK Dan.

No such thing as a fair fight these days. 
Addicted to pins.

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 08:44:11 AM »
Not good Dan I to hope he pulls through this and makes a full recovery.

Peter

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 09:38:20 AM »
Sorry to hear this. I hope he makes a full recovery and the cowards that did it end up behind bars.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 09:52:49 AM »
Awful news, hope it gets sorted and he is ok

Offline Steevsee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 11:41:43 AM »
Sorry to hear about your mate.

Hope he will be OK.

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 04:52:10 PM »
I have to deal with victims of these assaults every day, and there are many of them! The perpetrators always have alcohol on board, use that as an excuse, and are often treated leniently by the courts becasue of it.

Treatment is improving every day, and hopefully once his brain swelling decreases, he will make a full recovery.

Easy answer to prevent it? much has been tried, but I'm coming to the conclusion that the old 10pm closure of venues is the only answer. Grew up in Melbourne, couldn't get a drink anywhere after 10 - had to go home and party. Now, everyone can continue to get smashed till the wee hours, then go on rampage.

It's a horrible thing to happen to the victim their family and their friends. I wish all of those affected the best, and continued awareness by all to try and reduce this happening EVERY WEEKEND!

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 05:16:28 PM »
Easy answer to prevent it? much has been tried, but I'm coming to the conclusion that the old 10pm closure of venues is the only answer. Grew up in Melbourne, couldn't get a drink anywhere after 10 - had to go home and party. Now, everyone can continue to get smashed till the wee hours, then go on rampage.

It's a horrible thing to happen to the victim their family and their friends. I wish all of those affected the best, and continued awareness by all to try and reduce this happening EVERY WEEKEND!

The six o'clock swill (curfew) was tried out in the '50s and '60s and simply led to patrons ordering multiple drinks and consuming (binging) as much as they could in the last half hour before closing. They then needed to make their way home with a BAC well above what it would have been had they been drinking at a steady rate. They also arrive home in a heightened state of inebriation and proceeded to take it out on the wife and kids.

Ahhh, the good old days when what goes on behind closed doors, stays behind closed doors.  %$%

My solution would be to increase the negative advertising surrounding alcohol consumption to the same extent as has been done with tobacco. Change the perception across the country that excessive alcohol consumption has the same level of stigma and social 'pariah-ism' as cigarette smoking. It will probably take 30 plus years of sustained negative advertising as it did with smoking.

Dr Bill Griggs of the RAH had the right idea many years ago when he did a series of TV ads showing the autopsy results of excessive long term alcohol consumption. Sadly the ad was pulled due to complaints for being too graphic; yet they are the norm now for anti cigarette smoking ads.