Author Topic: USA Travel Thread - The Bert and Wotto show begins - for anyone interested.....  (Read 12535 times)

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Thanks for your great Thread Wotto .  ^^^ Really enjoyed it and looking forward to reading about your next adventure
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Redback

• Forum Posts:
Excellent thread thanks for sharing,

Red
Found hobby, now need coin

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Thanks for sharing mate - I enjoyed every update !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Wotto,

Just wanted to thank you for your time and patience in posting all about your trip! I really enjoyed the pics especially of "The Warriors" scenes and the general shots of different parts of the USA. My wife and I will be going over in the next few years and I will definitely be going to many of the places you highlighted.

Again, thanks for all your time and I, like many really enjoyed your work!

Jeff

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
Great post Wotto     

Ive been watching and it looks like you had a ball     They are very friendly over there  and there meals are huge

Thanks for sharing          Howzat       

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
curious Wotto to cap off your trip

what was your favourite all round experience in the US on this trip?
what was your favourite pinball moment?
what was the most enjoyable pinball you played on the trip?

ps thanks again for sharing all the travels and photos  ^^^
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
curious Wotto to cap off your trip

what was your favourite all round experience in the US on this trip?
what was your favourite pinball moment?
what was the most enjoyable pinball you played on the trip?

ps thanks again for sharing all the travels and photos  ^^^

WOW – some hard questions to answer I guess.

Best US experience this trip -  would have to have been sharing the emotion with my daughter at the 911 site in NYC, it is truly a moment and memory that will stay with both of us forever. I don’t want to sound like a sook on this point but it was the most human part of our trip and to be standing in place where 3000 people died in awful circumstances and reading their stories , seeing their faces and their families notes WHILST standing there with your own child and seeing her upset by it all is a tough moment to forget. Of course I will always recall being in places with her like The Empire State Building and other landmarks etc BUT they did not provide the ‘feeling’ that we both shared when we were at 911/ Ground Zero.

Best Pinball Moment – I reckon that enjoying the company of 80++ SO-CAL pinballers at the ‘mansion’ , actually chatting with them , laughing and sharing pinball stories and teaching them some Aussie slang on the night would be the best ‘pinball moment’ overall. There are some GREAT guys in LA who know a hell of a lot about pinball and how to play it, I was disappointed we didn’t have another few hours to get around to them all.

Most Enjoyable Pinball on the trip  - VERY hard to say as we had access to play around 700+ titles........the most memorable game is going to be Wizard Blocks of course, but the most ENJOYABLE game to play that we don’t get to play out here was KINGPIN, I actually got to spend a fair amount of time on it this trip and really got to like this EXTREMELY flowy game.
DW Drums rule !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
thanks for sharing Wotto, glad you enjoyed yourself.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

WOW – some hard questions to answer I guess.

Best US experience this trip -  would have to have been sharing the emotion with my daughter at the 911 site in NYC, it is truly a moment and memory that will stay with both of us forever. I don’t want to sound like a sook on this point but it was the most human part of our trip and to be standing in place where 3000 people died in awful circumstances and reading their stories , seeing their faces and their families notes WHILST standing there with your own child and seeing her upset by it all is a tough moment to forget. Of course I will always recall being in places with her like The Empire State Building and other landmarks etc BUT they did not provide the ‘feeling’ that we both shared when we were at 911/ Ground Zero.

Best Pinball Moment – I reckon that enjoying the company of 80++ SO-CAL pinballers at the ‘mansion’ , actually chatting with them , laughing and sharing pinball stories and teaching them some Aussie slang on the night would be the best ‘pinball moment’ overall. There are some GREAT guys in LA who know a hell of a lot about pinball and how to play it, I was disappointed we didn’t have another few hours to get around to them all.

Most Enjoyable Pinball on the trip  - VERY hard to say as we had access to play around 700+ titles........the most memorable game is going to be Wizard Blocks of course, but the most ENJOYABLE game to play that we don’t get to play out here was KINGPIN, I actually got to spend a fair amount of time on it this trip and really got to like this EXTREMELY flowy game.

700 titles. Your arms must have been very painful  %.%

Looking at the pics, I'd say the MSG and Ground Zero visits would have been very worthwhile, but the pinball scene in LA would have been very hard to beat. Of course the time with your Daughter would be a highlight as well  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline chillie

• Forum Posts:
Wotto,
The 911 experience is not able to be replicated. I had the honour of doing the tour with my boys soon after it opened. The tour guide for our small group was a lady who was the only surviving member of her company. She was due back to the office from a business trip however she missed her flight.

She would have died with all her co-workers. We had a rough time after the tour trying to come to grips with what we had experienced.

I understand what you felt.

Very powerful experience.

Pinball Wizzard Blocks is a cool game, it feels more like a traditional pinball with more shots and less repitition than RFM & SWEP1

Great read through your travel post and I would be keen to know about what camera you used as the shots are great.

Chris

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Hey Chillie - agree 100% re Wizard Blocks, we played it with the game near complete ( or complete ) as the new owner had paid a guy to pretty much finish it off .......it was good to play and I dont normally enjoy playing RFM in that style of game.

I use a Canon EOS550D normally - however this trip I took a little point and shoot Nikon as well , so the images are a mix from both camera's.
DW Drums rule !