Author Topic: USA Travel Thread - The Bert and Wotto show begins - for anyone interested.....  (Read 12512 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Hi all

I will officially be off the grid from 6.30pm tonight for a few days until we land and settle in New York city.
Flying out at 10am tomorrow and my guts are ALREADY eating themselves  !!!
After we settle in I will TRY my very best to make time to throw a travel log up here for you to travel along side us and HOPEFULLY enjoy a laugh or two along the way.

My 1st 8 days wont be much pinball related as I am in NYC with my 18YO daughter on a holiday ( farkin look out 5th Ave and my wallet  @.@ ) , but I will still share that part of my trip anyway. We will however visit Reciprocal Skate and Pinball in NYC and also be going to some of the filming locations from the 1979 cult movie The Warriors for those that remember that one, my daughter will not know where to run and hide when I stand where the big gang meeting was , raise my hands and yell out CAAAAAN YOOOOOOOOUUUU DIG IT :lol.  On top of that we will obviously be doing all the normal NYC tourist stuff AND a NY Rangers Ice Hockey game at Madison Square Garden next Thursday night. Trust me , if we get to ice skate at the famous Rockefeller rink and she videos me you WILL wet yourselves  *)*

The real fun of this thread will start on Monday 21st April when the one, the only BERT, better known here as Pinofski, flies in to meet me in LA and he and I will visit some serious collectors in that area and I will take him to Muscle Beach and take images of him flexing with the locals as well. We then head to San Diego for one night and play in a local comp with the SDO Pinball Club , and they have a WOZ on location, after this we go to Vegas for 3 nights , obviously PHOF and any other thing we can find to do in Vegas ( no Bert mate, no hookers OK ) …….and finally up to San Francisco for a visit to Pacific Pinball Museum and a night at Cliffys place as well, before driving back to LA and flying home for 4th May.

A highlight of the trip will be Peggy Sues Diner on the way to Vegas - hey Tony  #@#

Every day is CHOCK O BLOCK planned and Bert has ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what he is in for.
I hope he doesnt like to sleep  :lol

So I will sign off , and get my 1st pics up as soon as I can.

Cheers all

Wotto
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 07:23:13 PM by Wotto »
DW Drums rule !

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
waiting patiently for the photos and guff on whats going down
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
have a action packed fun filled time and can't wait to hear about your adventures and see some photos, always a great read from your other trips

and safe travels
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Look forward to the updates, enjoy your trip!

You have to go to Coney island and clink three bottles together don't you? surely!  :lol :lol

Offline tonyt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Have a great and safe trip guys, look forward to the updates.

Peggy Sue's - just stick to Denny's mate

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Enjoy the trip mate and can't wait for updates

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
sounds awesome, look forward to the updates!

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
More later guys - but all I will say so far is ABSOLUTE FARRRRKIN nightmare 48 hours  ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^
DW Drums rule !

Offline Greg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
nice trip Watto

I can't believe you fly home before Pinfest
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
WHAT A NIGHTMARE 48hours we had !

Let me just say REALLY bad turbulence, baby next to us on plane which is always terrific when your are already peaking about the bumps and stuff , BAD  landings for me at least  - the one into JFk the dude kept wobbling the thing from side to side even as low as 50 metres off the ground - it was pretty average.

Phone card failed when we arrived so I couldn’t contact the drivers and the unit owner where we were booked .

Go to the luggage belt - mine appears, Kaylas doesn't ( remember she is 18YO female with all her stuff GONE in her mind ) LOST LUGGAGE for 36 hours, so we couldnt enjoy ourselves as it was constantly on our minds and I had to 'stay calm as she was PEAKING about it not ever showing up , so to try and not stress the hell out of this trip I remained positive for her - in the end it just got it 2 hours ago and we have been here a day and a half !

All of the above on top of the ( expected ) ZERO sleep for over 24 hours made it hard to NOT lose it mentally.

OMFG – NOTHING ELSE could have gone wrong.
Well we have to dodge the MILLIONS of people and the ones that spit near you are the ones I really like the best !

ANYWAY ...............today we went to the top of the Empire State Building.
No one spits on you up here at least

STINGING for a coffee we hit Starbucks, one of the 9786 outlets here in NHC.
The US citizens really love my accent and nasally voice - look it's Mark.....
Well almost ......
Next time I am going to give the name at Starbucks James Bond and wait till they call THAT out .

We walked the stores along 5th Ave - of course I entered all the million dollar glitz places like in my best Aussie get up.
The Apple Store is a little intense - they said it was an average/ slow day.

Its a glass box on the street that you go down under.

Went to Midtown Comics on the way back looking for figures - these were too big - but AWESOME if you were into collecting this type of stuff.

I also found the perfect topper for you WOZ owners - yes its the Dorothy WACKY WOBBLER

After all this we were pretty peckish - I said Kayla I really feel like some Rice Krispie Treats, she found some.

I felt like a sweet desert - 'any Gummy Bears" I yelled out , Kayla says bad luck Dad, they are down to thier last one only.....

And now look fella's - all you Spiderman pinball owners out there - I found you a MUST have accessory for when playing your machine , I mean how much cooler can you get .....

Just like her dad , here is Kayla doing the Aussies abroad proud in the middle of the shop , the funny thing is that while we in in FRICKING STITCHES taking these photos here, no one looked twice at us ......

Off to dinner shortly ,  I will have a steak but ask them to get someone from the street to spit on it first, should be hard to find someone

More soon guys.....
DW Drums rule !

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Oh goody - on whats been an enjoyable time so far - I just got told the dunny has jammed - with a big one in it !
NYC is AWESOME  #@#
DW Drums rule !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
surprised you didn't get the hulk for your new avengers pin as we all know you love your toppers  %.% ^.^

have and thanks for sharing
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Glasses suit you mate !

Glad that Kayla has her luggage, although you could have mentioned to her to replace all her luggage with a huge shopping spree  @@^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
That Hulk figure is awesome!!!!

Take care over there mate.  Not good news this morning with the bombs at the Boston marathon.  I'll be interested to hear how the security ramps up over there and whether it is noticable during your travels.
Addicted to pins.