Author Topic: Unreal Movie "Oblivion" Tom Cruise - Would make a great Pinball !  (Read 856 times)

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
Will go and see Oblivion this week and see if it is all that it's cracked up to be.

Funny about Tom Cruise - hard to take him seriously because he is sooooo short, and all the personal stuff, but he does get you in with his screen persona. I like watching Top Gear and the man can drive. Clarkson has nothing but praise for him (we went across the finishing line on two wheels on his timed lap!). Watch Graham Norton show too (funny guy) and he raves how normal TOm is outside Hollywood scene. Thought Rock of Ages was well done too - the little bastard can sing as well!

Thanks for the heads up though. Still yet to see The Great and MIght Oz - movie or pinball (soon for both I'm thinking....)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Oblivivion is a thinking and action movie. Scenery is magnificent.

Ironman 3 is like waiting at a bus stop for 2 hrs.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Will go and see Oblivion this week and see if it is all that it's cracked up to be.

Funny about Tom Cruise - hard to take him seriously because he is sooooo short, and all the personal stuff, but he does get you in with his screen persona. I like watching Top Gear and the man can drive. Clarkson has nothing but praise for him (we went across the finishing line on two wheels on his timed lap!). Watch Graham Norton show too (funny guy) and he raves how normal TOm is outside Hollywood scene. Thought Rock of Ages was well done too - the little bastard can sing as well!

I hope cavey and I have not talked it up too much.  #@# (opinions may vary!  %.%)

I have always liked Tom, despite the personal stuff the man can act!!

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Crusie has not made a movie where he really had to act since 4th of july.
Oblivion has some fantatstic eye candy for sure but falls down in the screenplay and acting department.
A ok popcon film at best.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
I liked IM3 and the story line was semi predictable but also a few surprises, it was a good action movie for me, comes down to personal taste at the end of a day.

I haven't seen Tom's movie yet, I also like an eye candy thinking movie as well, though Tom does seem to be a very arrogant actor which comes through his screen characters, where in IM3 Downey wasn't as arrogant compared to IM 1 & 2 which was a good thing.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
I think Tom Cruise is a very confident sort of guy, Confident personality roles playing fighter jet pilot, rock singer, salesman, astronaut, soldier and so on.
In real life, all these people would be very very confident type people. The trick is not to confuse confidence with arrogance, which aint easy mostly, because sometimes confidence is just that, confidence only.
Put it this way, he didn't get to where he is today by being a shrinking violet.lol

I am going to watch Oblivion again, because I keep seeing lots of cool stuff over n over in my head. With Ironman 3, it just felt like everyone involved in the movie, except Robert Downey Jnr who is just excellent, was making the movie cause they had to, instead of wanted to. It sort of felt like, since there isn't going to be a number 4, if we make number 3 mediocre, its not like we can get fired, because 4 isn't a goer anyway.

The first Ironman movies, 1 and 2 were much much better. Maybe the writer, or the producer or something major changed on no 3. Daz(CC) will know about the technical stuff with I3 and who was involved compared to no 1 and 2.

Avengers I am enjoying a lot more since watching it at home on Blu-Ray. When I saw it at the theatre originally, I must of been having a bad day cause I didnt rate it, but as Daz(CC) said back then, Avengers was excellent.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 09:47:50 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
I will have to disagree with you about Tom, yes there is confidence, and also cocky and then there is arrogant. I remember seeing a interview on 60 minutes a while back and he was just rude and arrogant and the questioning wasn't that bad and he is a control freak. I believe his personal character flows through into most of his roles and therefore he lacks the true actor qualities or he is type cast into certain roles to suit his personality. Look at Hugh Jackman, down to earth guy, confident but so versatile performing on broadway singing to wolverine on x-men -  much better actor than Tom. But I won't let this sway me, and I get it out on dvd and see what I think.

You might watch IM3 at home later and love it especially if your son is enjoying, you never know, but no biggie everyone has different tastes and opinions.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline coon82

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
I went to see Oblivion today and you can put me down as another one who thought it was great.

Really enjoyed the story and effects. Don't think it will become a pin though Brett, don't think it will be big enough.

Agree with this....I also really liked the background music throughout the film. Very well thought out movie and visually stunning to look at.
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
I will have to disagree with you about Tom, yes there is confidence, and also cocky and then there is arrogant. I remember seeing a interview on 60 minutes a while back and he was just rude and arrogant and the questioning wasn't that bad and he is a control freak. I believe his personal character flows through into most of his roles and therefore he lacks the true actor qualities or he is type cast into certain roles to suit his personality. Look at Hugh Jackman, down to earth guy, confident but so versatile performing on broadway singing to wolverine on x-men -  much better actor than Tom. But I won't let this sway me, and I get it out on dvd and see what I think.

You might watch IM3 at home later and love it especially if your son is enjoying, you never know, but no biggie everyone has different tastes and opinions.

Did you see the Matt Lauer Today show interview with him talking about the "sham" that is the psychiatry profession?

He is full of himself. Much like Richard Branson he tries to put across an image that he expects the common man to fawn over.

Plus it is very easy to become arrogant when you surround yourself with sycophantic "yes-men".  ::)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
I would want to meet the man and spend a day or so with him and see for myself. But I think having 500 million in the bank or whatever it is would make anyone a bit unusual .lol.  Anyone his employees are paid to be a yes man etc, that's why u have employees. Lol.   If u want people to say no a lot, that's where wives and x wives and teenage kids come in handy. Anyway, when I am watching a Tom cruise movie, I don't think about that stuff, just the character he is playing and he did a great job on this latest movie. He seems to always be better off when he hasn't got a woman in his life like the last two . Lol
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:43:03 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Anyway, when I am watching a Tom cruise movie, I don't think about that stuff, just the character he is playing and he did a great job on this latest movie. He seems to always be better off when he hasn't got a woman in his life like the last two . Lol

Agree with this, don't care what he does in his own time. Long as he entertains me on the big screen i am happy.

I do and can see why people may not like him though.