Author Topic: Unreal Movie "Oblivion" Tom Cruise - Would make a great Pinball !  (Read 993 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
OBLIVION starring Tom Cruise.   What a excellent Movie.  This would make an outstanding pinball machine theme for sure.

I watched this tonight on the Huge local Theatre Screen and I can highly recommend everyone to go and watch it. There is nothing I didn't like, and there are sooo many things in the movie that would make for great toys on a pinball playfield.

Don't wait for DVD, U MUST watch this on the Big Screen !

Go and watch this movie, I reckon you will be impressed. The Sci-Fi part is outstanding, the storyline is great and the cinematography is all totally very cool.

One of the best movies I have seen in years.  ^^^ (enjoyed it more than Ironman and Avengers) because of the clarity of everything you are always seeiing on screen.

A big Thumbs Up  ^^^  and would buy a pinball of same name in a heartbeat. Please make this title a pinball Gary !
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 11:22:45 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Hmmm, Might go and see this on the weekend then Brett. Will come back with what i thought.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Hesitated due to the Tom Cruise presence, but did enjoy it. Found it rather derivative (Duncan Jones Moon came to mind) but it was better than I expected. As for a pinball theme, it lacks any "timelessness" to make for a great game I think.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Hesitated due to the Tom Cruise presence, but did enjoy it. Found it rather derivative (Duncan Jones Moon came to mind) but it was better than I expected. As for a pinball theme, it lacks any "timelessness" to make for a great game I think.

Heard it was OK. Cost $175M and took $38M first week.
The movie name suggests a 1 off (like The Day After). I would not want the industry go into Oblivion. Tom Cruise in pinball? Well if they did not do Top Gun, I doubt they will plaster him on a headbox now.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
It was ok not great, cruise is a douchebag and freemans character reminded me of morpheus in the matrix.  Ironman 3 on the other hand is fugging cracker film!!

^^^
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Great film, better than Die Hard 5, storyline was a little predictable though
Tom Cruise is a knob, but he always makes a good action film.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
I am a big Tom Cruise fan because I don't listen to the hype/media junk about him. It must be difficult being a man with a few billion people on planet earth all watching your every move and listening to junk media day after day etc and thinking things about you which are totally untrue. The Scientology thing doesn't even rate with me, not when all the other religions have killed billions for thousands of years, and they dare to point the finger at scientology, comical really.
I am sure If anyone met the guy in person and sat down with him for a few hours they would realise he is a normal sort of guy, even with his fortune.?

I didn't think the movie was predictable at all, cause there were some really great twists in it, all the way to the end.
Still a great movie, and I thought would make a great pinball.
As long as people enjoy the movie, that's the hope anyway if u can have some fun and get entertained.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Oh, it's a very entertaining film.

I prefer films with actors, rather than Tom Cruise playing, well, Tom Cruise as he seems to only ever manage in my opinion. Certainly not anything to do with religion, a topic which I would prefer not be a subject on this forum. Please don't presume to suggest there was anything in anyone's comment about Tom Cruise that was not written!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
I am glad u enjoyed the movie. I was actually thinking about going and watching it again cause the scenery and special effects were just awesome.

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
I am glad u enjoyed the movie. I was actually thinking about going and watching it again cause the scenery and special effects were just awesome.

Just watched Jack Reacher, that was a cracker too.

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Went and saw Oblivion today, great movie!

Really enjoyed the story and effects. Don't think it will become a pin though Brett, don't think it will be big enough.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Glad u enjoyed it.  ^^^

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
The next movie from Cruise with Armie Hammer, The Man from UNCLE might make a good pin. The movie will be directed by Guy Ritchie (any relation to Steve?).
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
I went and saw Iron Man 3 today with my 3 yr old son Hunter. A waste of $8 cause it was just soooo boring and drawn out. It was Ironman on valium x 10.

Even my son fell asleep, and he never falls asleep during this type of movie. It was half the movie the first 2 x Ironman movies were, and about a third as good as the last Avengers movie.

Oblivion with Cruise left Iron man 3 for dead. I was really looking forward to Iron Man 3, thinking the franchise of that movie would finish on a huge bang but it was just so bland and weak. Oh well, you cant win them all. Robert Downey Jnr always plays a great part but the story on this one just let him down I thought. A lot of peoples comments leaving the cinema was boring, letdown, slow, long etc, so it was a bit of a consensus on this one.

Will they make Ironman 4, mmm, doubt it very much, and if they do make 4, they need a massive change in storyline and adrenalin to make it better/fresh.

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Wow! interesting view on IM3 mate. I am looking forward to this so will be most upset if i have the same opinion as you.

My understanding is that Robert Downey Jnr has said no more Iron Man for him after Avengers 2. So i don't think there was or will be a Iron man 4 on the cards.