Author Topic: Love the Beast  (Read 547 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Love the Beast
« on: March 22, 2009, 02:34:20 PM »
I'm not a Ford fan, but I saw this film with some mates today. I've had some special cars over the years and used to race karts, so I was completely engrossed in this film - funny, sad and interesting.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Love the Beast
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 02:37:37 PM »
I actually went to see this yesterday...Popped in to Chaddy for the 1040am show (running 5 min late), grabbed tickets ran into cinema 17.

After previews I looked around...   :tumble:   only middle aged women in there...Hmm...

Movie starts, some crap chick flick with Rene Zelweiger in it....Ran out real fast.  Found out not until 1040pm.....stupid kid...

Off to see it tonight....Does look very good...

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 02:52:02 PM »
Yet to see it but one of my first cars was an XA Coupe always regret selling it but wasnt my choice.  Was given the option to keep one of my cars so i kept the new toy the monaro so i sold the rest.  Yes Mark its the some monaro i have now lol

Offline Peach

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Redcliffe
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 03:01:02 PM »
It does look interesting....the fact that it`s about a Ford just makes it worthwhile seeing... ^^^
Life is short...smile while you still have teeth  ;-)

Offline Duckman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 05:34:01 PM »
Would love to see this movie, does look pretty interesting.

As a kid my old man had a XB coupe and i will never forget him layin' rubber infront off all my mates after he picked me up for our fortnightly visit.

The burnout went for past three houses, both wheels, before the 2 front engine mounts broke sending the fan blade thru the plastic shroud!! $#$ #*# ^^^

good this he's a mechanic!   

I also wish he'd kept the car till i was 18 before selling it !!!

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 06:07:28 PM »
Would love to see this movie, does look pretty interesting.

As a kid my old man had a XB coupe and i will never forget him layin' rubber infront off all my mates after he picked me up for our fortnightly visit.

The burnout went for past three houses, both wheels, before the 2 front engine mounts broke sending the fan blade thru the plastic shroud!! $#$ #*# ^^^

good this he's a mechanic!  

I also wish he'd kept the car till i was 18 before selling it !!!

Funny how parents do that...My old man had a 351 ZD fairlane, silver, no rust, leather seats....Sold it about 10 years before my 18th.....

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 06:09:02 PM »
My only memory of an XB coupe was the one that reversed from a no standing area straight into my brand new Twin Cam Corolla in 1986!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 06:34:40 PM »
It no wonder he hit your corolla poor bugger wouldnt have seen you they were the worst car for reversing unless you can use your side mirrors lol

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 10:22:52 PM »
I'm no FORD fan, strickly GM - HOLDEN, however the movie does look good, I'll try and see it while its on the big screen.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 10:25:21 PM »
I just got back from seeing it tonight.

I would recommend this movie to anyone who has raced cars, had a muscle car, or even just that special car which you and your mates have worked on.

Definately a must and get the kids to buy it on DVD for you for christmas.

Eric is very down to earth and is a great car movie...

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 11:51:27 AM »
Even though its a movie about Fords  ::) I'd still like to see it, Eric is very down to earth, and a bit of Targa Ford crashing action never goes astray  *)*