Author Topic: How should I sell on ebay  (Read 224 times)

Offline rads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
How should I sell on ebay
« on: May 15, 2013, 09:55:52 PM »
Read a few posts about how fees on ebay are going up and how people are using ebay as an advertising tool.  How should I go about trying to let people know I have a pin to sell via ebay and not incur the fees.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: How should I sell on ebay
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 09:59:50 PM »
Easy - "I have a XXX pinball, great cond - suit collector - $15,000 - Please EMAIL for any additional details."

You ARE able to include an email for people to ask for additional info.

DON'T be stupid and say to anyone asking "if you buy off eBay I will Blah Blah Blah" - word things SMARTLY......
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 10:02:50 PM »
Buy it now with Make an offer always gets people paying higher amounts, and people always email u directly asking for a cash price.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Prince

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 10:03:12 PM »
Derive a listing with no photos & description and let the community of theses forums speak for itself  ^^^
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:05:25 PM by Prince »
SC.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 10:39:47 PM »
DON'T be stupid and say to anyone asking "if you buy off eBay I will Blah Blah Blah" - word things SMARTLY......

I tried to smartly suggest this and they were on to me and removed my listing  %.%
I also tried listing 2 items exactly the same and they immediately removed the second one  %.%

Now I offer things for I think a fair price here when it is pinball related and then I offer a similar price on ebay but with the fee added so I still get the price I need / want.

Just tonight I listed a brand new wind turbine generator that I bought years ago for a design project, I wanted $250 but listed at $275 because ebay wants $27.50 and then paypal will take there little bit. It is a scam but the alternative is having something of worth sitting at home worthless. But if someone contacts me and asks for a better deal it is easier to remove the item as they give you about 4 options so I randomly pick the reason and remove and do a cash deal. So Ebay is a good advertising tool as they don't charge now if you list and remove before finishing - but this could be a little more difficult if bids have been made so I tend to go for a buy it now setup option, using best offer always brings the stupid time wasting offers that you would never accept.

I say list it on the forums and be honest about the info then no one can have reason to get the craps with you and then list on ebay for the publicity but add a bit extra for the fees.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:42:06 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 10:46:54 PM »
don't forget u can also chose the auto-decline option for stupid offers when doing a make it offer listing on ebay.

that sorts out the time wasters automatically which I like to use.  *%*
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !