Author Topic: Headphone board  (Read 2238 times)

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
Headphone board
« on: May 22, 2013, 12:57:06 PM »
Just fitted the pinnovators headphone mod to my ACDC. Been discussed before, but it is fantastic! even the pop bumpers and slingshots sound good - a noise that is usually hidden  by the sound of the machine. Well worth getting. May to LOTR and STTNG next

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: Headphone board
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 01:14:33 PM »
Cool, rock on!

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 06:23:42 PM »
Tried these out at AllanTown a few weeks ago, they worked really well
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 08:33:38 PM »
Missing something here, what is the purpose of using headphones???

If its to stop annoying people in another room or something like that, I can't see how these would fix the problem. I have basically turned off the sound and the general noise made by a machine is just as annoying.

I'm guessing they simply mean a player can pump  the volume way above what the wife etc would tolerate???
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 02:52:58 PM »
Yes to all of the above. With music machine like ACDC it's much better to have music loud. But importantly, the quality of the sound is greatly enhances. It may just be the quality of the headphones vs normal pinball speakers, or that the mechanical sounds drown out some of the effect sounds, but the sound you get playing is greatly enhanced with the board/phones. You can still have sound on the machine too, or switch it off if you prefer. Not sure there would be such a great difference with other themed machines, but I'm putting one on LOTR so ill let you know.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 03:53:58 PM »
Yes to all of the above. With music machine like ACDC it's much better to have music loud. But importantly, the quality of the sound is greatly enhances. It may just be the quality of the headphones vs normal pinball speakers, or that the mechanical sounds drown out some of the effect sounds, but the sound you get playing is greatly enhanced with the board/phones. You can still have sound on the machine too, or switch it off if you prefer. Not sure there would be such a great difference with other themed machines, but I'm putting one on LOTR so ill let you know.
Thanks for the clarification. Sometimes I wish I could turn off all the noise so I can play and not disturb the wife. My only option is not to play on accasions or get her to put headphones on.

BTW have you even played a game with no sound? You'd think it would be ok but its not. Its a bit like no background music on some movies, they tend to lose their impact etc.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 12:33:55 PM »
Need to show her who's boss Pinball God!

I think the headphone jack is a great idea. Imagine in a busy arcade (few and far between now) and you can dial straight in the sounds of your game only, not the 70db created by the rest of the room. Thanks for the feedback on the input
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 12:36:51 PM by 4_amusement_only »