Author Topic: This one is for you Mike!! Bloody Paypal!  (Read 992 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
This one is for you Mike!! Bloody Paypal!
« on: June 15, 2013, 09:32:05 AM »
I sold some items on Ebay for my wife before the house move which were due to be couriered out. I have real problems with the courier companies lately and continual let downs by them saw this item get caught up with the move and its shipping delayed. Anyway, item was shipped albeit late but the buyer has opened a Paypal dispute.. this has seen my Paypal account suspended and funds withdrawn from it putting me into deficit.
So now buyer has the item but i have had the funds withdrawn, so effectively, i havent been paid.

All contact with buyer is now drawing a blank.. they are refusing to respond.
I tried to contact Paypal to sort this out but there is no recourse for a seller to resolve a dispute.. it HAS to come from the buyers end.. something i find extraordinary.
I had some money in the PP acount and this has been taken and then the difference in price also taken.
I now cannot use PP to buy anything as i have to pay the extra funds for the shortfall... i went to buy a limited edition LP ( 300 pressed) for $30 but it will cost me $185 to get it!

..And no avenue for me to resolve this

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: This one is for you Mike!! Bloody Paypal!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 09:42:52 AM »
Get another Paypal account under your wife's name

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 09:50:45 AM »

That won't work - PP will see it as a scam and shut both accounts for 180 days minimum.

The answer will take you about 10 minutes online and will not cost you a cent BUT PP has to pay the Govt $120:

http://www.fos.org.au/centric/home_page/resolving_disputes/before_you_lodge_your_dispute_please_note.jsp
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 10:05:33 AM »

That won't work - PP will see it as a scam and shut both accounts for 180 days minimum.

The answer will take you about 10 minutes online and will not cost you a cent BUT PP has to pay the Govt $120:

http://www.fos.org.au/centric/home_page/resolving_disputes/before_you_lodge_your_dispute_please_note.jsp

Thanks mate... Form completed and submitted

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 10:13:50 AM »
Is it just a dispute that the buyer has opened or has he escalated it to a claim?

If its a dispute then it can only sit like that for 20 days then it has to be resolved, I.e. escalated to a claim, closed etc. my understanding is if you have proof of delivery then you can escalate it yourself to be finalised. If you don't then it makes it a bit harder and you might have to sit out the 20 days and see what the buyer does.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 10:18:42 AM »
This is another misunderstanding of EXACTLY what PayPus is up to - they are not interested in ANYTHING other than keeping your money for as long as possible.

The minute the Ombudsman gets involved PP drop everything and cave EVERY TIME.

You just can't win with these screwballs so best to hit them between the eyes with the banking Ombudsman ASAP.

DON'T let them tell YOU how the game will be played - tell THEM how they will play it!!!!

They continue trying to pull this exact same stunt with me at least twice a year and start insisting on faxing pages of bullshit to them - I ALWAYS ignore that and go straight to the Ombudsman - the issue is always resolved within a week.

Don't be tricked by these shysters - fight back!

Is it just a dispute that the buyer has opened or has he escalated it to a claim?

If its a dispute then it can only sit like that for 20 days then it has to be resolved, I.e. escalated to a claim, closed etc. my understanding is if you have proof of delivery then you can escalate it yourself to be finalised. If you don't then it makes it a bit harder and you might have to sit out the 20 days and see what the buyer does.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 10:33:51 AM »
The probelm here is that the buyer opened up a dispute without contacting me first.. once the dispute was made Paypal immediately took all the funds in my account and more putting me into deficit with the Paypal account... the first i knew of it was AFTER i had had all funds siezed.
Now the buyer wants to play hard ball with me and be a prick.

Where this all falls apart is that anyone can have your account suspended at will through no fault of your own and Paypal are quite happy with this as it puts extra funds into their account for X amount of time. At any given time, Paypal can have enormous amounts of wrongly siezed funds accruing interest to their benefit.
Just to add Paypal also charged me $5 for the buyers claim!

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 10:47:19 AM »
Wow so they charge $5 now for the buyers claim too, sharks.

I agree Homepin they don't care about getting to the bottom of things and doing the right thing, simply making money. That's why I typically clear my paypal balance to my bank account regularly rather than leave a balance in there. Although they charge you for the privelage if its less than $200. I never thought of lodging a complaint thru FOS, I'll remember that one.

On the flip side if I am buying something expensive I make sure my PayPal balance is nil so it funds the purchase from my credit card. Gives me the option of a charge back outside the 45 days thru my credit card company, plus Visa are much more interested in getting my money than PayPal are, it's saved my ass in the past.

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 01:43:29 PM »
Wow so they charge $5 now for the buyers claim too, sharks.

I agree Homepin they don't care about getting to the bottom of things and doing the right thing, simply making money. That's why I typically clear my paypal balance to my bank account regularly rather than leave a balance in there. Although they charge you for the privelage if its less than $200. I never thought of lodging a complaint thru FOS, I'll remember that one.

On the flip side if I am buying something expensive I make sure my PayPal balance is nil so it funds the purchase from my credit card. Gives me the option of a charge back outside the 45 days thru my credit card company, plus Visa are much more interested in getting my money than PayPal are, it's saved my ass in the past.

I do the same

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 07:59:15 PM »
Quick update on this so everyone is aware of the processes involved as a seller..

There is no update!
I have reported this to the ombudsman who then contacts Paypal.... Paypal have the reciept of delivery which includes a scan of the buyers signature and her full name.. they have done nothing with this evidence.
Ebay have been informed and suggest i go to the police.... !@# !@# !@# and contact the buyer to resolve this.

Buyer HAS been contacted but refuses to answer.. Paypal  informed me via email that the matter will be escalated further and found IN THE BUYERS FAVOUR if... and get this.... " the buyer does not respond".

So bottom line is despite solid evidence that buyer has the item, unless they play ball and tell Paypal that they actually do have recieved it, they will get a full refund which i pay for and they get to keep the item../ which i can do nothing about.
I have even tried to leave negative feedback about the buyers scam and ive found im even blocked to leave ANY feedback for this person!

This is bullshit...

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 08:04:39 PM »
Don't worry - when the Ombudsmans letter hits the PayPus desk their attitude will change instantly.

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 11:24:13 PM »
Sellers can only leave positive feedback, buyers can leave any feedback they want

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2013, 10:15:36 AM »
Matter is now resolved as the buyer finally acknowledged that they did in fact have the item and so my funds have been returned.
The $5 fee has been taken from the buyers account and credited to me!

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2013, 10:55:52 AM »
Good news Gav
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 10:57:10 AM »
Good to hear it finally worked out for you Gav !
I need more room ! and more $$$