Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1881 times)

Offline 5m3g_head

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Introduction
« on: June 19, 2013, 04:57:13 PM »
Hi Guys, Im Earle and Ive just signed up to do some research and try to work out which pinball will be my first.

As a bit of background Im more of a computer game player and have a healthy collection of retro Nintendo stuff, many game and watches, Gameboys and a few SNES and N64s.  Ive always wanted a pinball machine and over the years have often thought of buying one. I have fond memories of playing Medieval Madness, Fishtails and Getaway when I was younger. As much as Id like one of those they may be out of my price range, particularly MM.

Id like a machine similar to the above, Im an 80s child, so I like lots of flashing lights, toys, screens and fast play.

Im a hands on person and am not scared of maintaining or repairing a machine. Ive repaired game consoles, audio equipment, my cars and even a grandfather clock once. Having said that Im not looking for a restoration project (yet).

I live in Adelaide, so I’ll be keeping an eye on the market down here for something that grabs my fancy.

So what advice or recommendations do you have for me ?

Offline Blktgr74

• Forum Posts:
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 05:29:04 PM »
Hi you should be able to find something around $2k that is a good player but may need a little love eg. new rubbers, globes and a good clean up that you can "cut your teeth on". You have found the right place so ask lots of questions and you'll get lots of help.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 05:37:14 PM »
Welcome to AP.  MM is a title I'd like to own but out of reach of many of us.  But the other two Fishtales and getaway shouldn't be to hard to track down for a reasonable price.   Good luck on the hunt that's half the fun

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 07:02:34 PM »

Welcome to AP Earle.

What sort of themes might you like?  Eg, I love Sci-fi, so they dominate my collection. Might help with some suggestions from members.

When you hit 20 posts you will have access to the trading section, quite a few games for sale, and better prices and more often than not better games than you would get from a dealer.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline 5m3g_head

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 07:15:50 PM »
I'm keen on a movie based theme. I'm a massive movie fan so a machine from a movie I like would be great. Perhaps starship troopers or demoliton man. I haven't played either of them though.

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 07:43:09 PM »
 $.$ how bout a "red drawf" machine.lol %.%
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline 5m3g_head

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 08:25:22 PM »
$.$ how bout a "red drawf" machine.lol %.%

I wish !

While we are dreaming can I also have a Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure pinball please.....Dude

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 09:50:16 PM »
 %)% good luck with your search

Offline flippnaussie

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 11:20:58 AM »
Welcome!

Didn't know that about the trading section....Looks like I have to post some more!
Simon

Welcome to AP Earle.

What sort of themes might you like?  Eg, I love Sci-fi, so they dominate my collection. Might help with some suggestions from members.

When you hit 20 posts you will have access to the trading section, quite a few games for sale, and better prices and more often than not better games than you would get from a dealer.

Offline 5m3g_head

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 04:29:15 PM »
Yeah, Its a bit of a Pain, but I guess it keeps things tidy.