Author Topic: METALLICA Master of puppets Limited Edition  (Read 19134 times)

Offline clickaus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: METALLICA Master of puppets Limited Edition
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2013, 12:07:30 AM »
Only had 2 photos that turned out any good and my video was blurry. To busy playing

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2013, 12:33:02 AM »
Very Nice, looks great,  ^^^ will there be one sited in Melb  #@#

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2013, 07:11:52 AM »

Game play is far better than ACDC sadly my hammer is stuffed.    When the magnet grabbed the ball and dropped it straight between the flipper (you know what I'm talking about Nick). Was due to the coffin lock malfunctioning.  Works in coil test but not in gameplay

Yours isn't the only one, lots of reports coming out of this happening, software and coincidentally appears to be  more 240v games - reports of Europe machines doing it.

Send stern a message

Nice looking machine though
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Re: METALLICA Master of puppets Limited Edition
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2013, 07:58:31 AM »
I think the coffin lock issue is a known one.  A few other Le owners had the same problem.  Hopefully just  a software fix

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2013, 08:17:25 AM »
Dont fret re the hammer Daniel - a resolve will come.
What were the these high scores you guys were getting?

Congrats on the LE mate - enjoy

DW Drums rule !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2013, 09:17:51 AM »
It's probably not a huge score but I beat Matt and my son that's the main thing.

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2013, 09:24:27 AM »
Haha - U got nuthin mate - keep trying :)
DW Drums rule !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2013, 10:05:48 AM »
Thanks for update guys :-) and pics can't wait for mine.

What is the problem with the hammer? Also do your drops work correctly I've heard there's issues with those to. 

Peter

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »
Thanks Daniel for a great night, I agree with Nick, the artwork is really quite amazing compared with the rubbish photoshoped images Stern have been bringing out lately, some fresh work done by a cool artist with bright eyepopping colours, really nice.  The MoP LE mirrored backglass and side art is very cool too.  Apron and plastics artwork all look fantastic, I like the small touches like the lights mounted in the apron projecting onto the playfield, the clear plastics that are cut into sharp shapes instead of just being a functional square piece, the playfield window looking down into the coffin ball lock using the opto lighting to make it glow an errie red

Shame about the coffin lock playing up, I though it strange that it would hold the ball then drop it SDTM. It worked a couple of times before playing up, and is a great toy.

After changing all the flasher globes to LED flashers made a HUGE difference to the game, when you hit the ramps and red flashers under the M logos really pop! And the flashers in the backboard behind sparky look heaps better when changed to white LEDs.

Gameplay is great, fast and furious the way I like it, the kickouts hurtle the ball at you and you need to be on your toes to control it.
The loop shot is a little disappointing as a up post stops the ball from looping all the way around most of the time, although I think it was changed on the software update.
The inline drops are great and the tombstone multiball has some pretty cool lighting effects. I was actually impressed with all the lighting suits the theme very well.
Sparky is a cool toy, I am unsure if you would get over it after awhile though, as the magnet holds the ball for a LONG time while waiting for the DMD amimation, maybe that has also been changed on the software update.  Not to knock it as it is pretty cool but if you got sparky multiball a few times in a game it would wear thin in the long term IMO.
Fuel mode bonus scoring round is good, hitting the fuel target fills your tank for more time.
Shame about the coffin lock, as we didn't see coffin multiball, but I'm sure that will be sorted in time.
Overall think it is a fantastic looking, fast fun game, I look forward to see what the software updates bring.

Thanks again Daniel for sharing your unboxing with us, it was a great night   ^^^

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2013, 11:09:13 AM »
sounds great

Borg likes to use pop up posts, as IM has one and the software allows you to turn off so hopefully that option comes along for you.

great to hear positive reports about the machine
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2013, 11:13:25 AM »
Sounds like a good night was had by overall despite a few bugs here and there.  At least you have your machine when it was promised to you.

Congrats on the machine Daniel, I for one am very jealous.  I am looking forward to putting many games on Peter's machine in a few weeks.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2013, 11:36:36 AM »
Hi KTM

To answer some queries for you...............

The LEFT loop shot that gets stopped by the post is ( IMO ) a pain in the butt on what SHOULD be a SWEET shot.
You can DISABLE the post in the software permanently BUT then you don’t get much pop bumper action – so it’s a conundrum of sorts. The post DOES stay down for both right AND left orbit shots in some modes ( cant recall of the top of my head, I think its in And Justice for All mode and maybe in Gravemarker Multiball – I could have that reversed? ) and when it is down the shots feel excellent.

You should also be aware that you can also hold your left flipper in when plunging and that will keep the post down allowing the plunged ball to come around to the left flipper where a SUPER skill shot is then available at all major shots.
Bear in mind that holding the left flipper down when plunging ball 1 WILL change your song selection back 1 to the left – so bear that in mind when selecting the song and go ONE more song to the right BEFORE holding left flipper when plunging so that you end up playing the song you wanted to ( the song selection affects for ball 1 only and once chosen, your song of choice will be there in balls 2 and 3 and you can hold left flipper in for plunging without affecting the song choice on those balls )

Sparky – get old? – Maybe , maybe not.............the game is such a frantic fast player that I actually enjoy the little ‘break’ that it provides you with.........the physical movement of Sparky is always pretty cool , albeit ( like all things ) the initial thrill / cleverness of it wearing off after a few hundred plays........I was playing and purposely NOT going for Sparky MB so as to make the game a little harder to get big scores on , however since 1.16 with the Snake ADD a BALL feature I am going for Sparky firstly and picking up whatever else I can while in Sparky MB...........this is where I will tell you about the great use of FUEL as well, if you have FUEL prepped and ready to start, hold it right there – THEN get Sparky MB to a point where you need ONE final shot to start him, THEN start FUEL 2 x scoring with the tough dead end shot, hit Sparky and you have 3 x ball /2 x scoring with Jackpots – MASSIVE points in that AND I believe that with the new 1.16 Snake feature you can make this 4X scoring if FUEL is running as well.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 11:40:23 AM by Wotto »
DW Drums rule !

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2013, 12:12:02 PM »
Thanks Wotto, good to hear from someone who has had the game for awhile.
Shame Stern didn't add an opto to drop the post for left loops, and just stop the ball on the right loop to allow it through the rollovers into the pops

Offline clickaus

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2013, 01:08:56 PM »
One thing also last night we notice was the bottom of the snakes mouth is going to cop it alot.
We all thought this is one of the things that will wear out first along with Sparkys feet.
Might be worth buying a couple of spares

Offline Slash

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2013, 02:01:39 PM »
Congrats on an awesome machine, I'm green with envy!!!

Good to hear how nice the artwork is in person, that' something that has definitely underwhelmed me with Stern's newer pins.  I hope that continues with subsequent releases.