Author Topic: Bally World Cup Soccer Goalie Ball Popper issues.  (Read 5193 times)

Offline copaww

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Bally World Cup Soccer Goalie Ball Popper issues.
« on: July 21, 2013, 11:18:45 PM »
Hi all, looking for a solutions my 94 WCS  goalie ball popper unit. The ball popper rarely has the strength to shoot  a solutions9goal and usually will not come out of its hole. Had the coil replaced with a heavier duty one which worked really well for a few games but it has gone back to doing the something.

Any suggestions for a learner to the pinball scene.

Regards

Allan

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
 %)% check everything is free, the arm is not rubbing on the plastic cup and the coil sleeve is clean so that the plunger can slide easily when the coil is activated

Offline casperthefriendly

• Forum Posts:
Sounds like a mechanical issue. Check the coil sleeve, spring and linkage that actually kicks the ball out - sometimes these need a little "adjusting" (bending) to give good results.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Very common problem. Most of the time it will be a physical issue. With the game off and the playfield raised, you need to check a few things ;

Move the kicker by hand. Feel for resistance.
Remove the coil bracket. Feel for resistance. If any part of the assembly was previously lubricated, you need to remove the assy, disassemble, degrease, clean and then re assemble.
Check the alignment of the bracket in relation to the coil bracket. The plunger must move freely, and you can pivot either the coil bracket OR the assembly itself.

The assembly should move easily by now.

If not, try another spring - one that has a higher tension. I've found this to work when all else fails..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
great advice ^^^had one of these.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline copaww

• Forum Posts:
Thanks all,
Pulled everything apart cleaned it and made sure everythings free, works alot better than it did before. At least it now kicks the ball out.

Is it true you can increase the power of the coil by unwilling some of the cooper coil?

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
yes,but if it is the correct coil and new,i wouldnt do it.or at least practice on the old one.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you