Author Topic: Blue paint for WH20  (Read 877 times)

Offline andtan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
Blue paint for WH20
« on: July 28, 2013, 12:49:27 PM »
Hey Guys,

I was just about to spray my WH20 blue but have run into a couple of issues - which was a shame as yesterday was a lovely sunny still day too.

I went to the local Masters Hardware to get the blue paint - colour matched to the blue from the new decal, as they had previously said they would have no trouble matching the colour from photos I had shown them. I was looking at a water based enamel and when they scanned the blue decal, the computer would scan the colour, but would not give them any options to mix it. They said it was due to not having the correct bases and that I would probably have to look at automotive paints.

To save me some mucking around, and perhaps picking the wrong paint, can someone help me out with where I should go to get the paint, what brand I should ask for, or even the colour code that I should give them? !@#

I was planing to spray the cabinet, so advice as to whether I can/should use water base, thinner based would also be helpful. I have undercoated the cabinet with a water based primer/sealer.

Thanks in advance.

Andy C

Offline yardos1225

• Forum Posts:
Re: Blue paint for WH20
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 11:22:06 PM »
Maybe try your local Dulux store. They normally mix custom colours and will even put it in a spray can for you!

Offline flippnaussie

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Blue paint for WH20
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 12:35:51 AM »
A lot of auto paint suppliers will match colour for you. They would need a sample to go from.