Author Topic: Last, but not least... My Scared Stiff  (Read 1707 times)

Offline muchostyle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cheltenham, VIC
Last, but not least... My Scared Stiff
« on: August 04, 2013, 04:27:48 PM »
My first pinball machine was a Scared Stiff, which I regretfully sold several years ago following a breakup.  Ain't it always the way???

When I reached the position where I could start collecting again, I first got my JD then soon decided I really missed SS.  Found this one on eBay from Bumper Action, quickly haggled a huge percentage off the price and got it home.

Since then I've added the Deadhead eyes, candle mod (not active at the moment tue to a burning smell...  Will figure it out!), replaced the Boney Beast which had been missing some ribs with the night-glow one...  Added the protection arc above the spider hole, replaced some bits that were missing.

The topper, such that it is, is just the promo from EATPM with a cheap bracket from Bunnings on the back...  Need to find something better...  Suggestions?

Laminated custom score cards.  It's the little things....

Added the eyeball shooter and found a SS promo keychain plastic.  eBay?  About $70!!!  My price from one of the online pinball stores?  A mere $4.50!  What is it with some people on eBay???

Speaking of eBay ripoffs, I saw Boogiemen for $62+ for a set of 2...  I got mine from from an online shop based in NZ for $0.89 each!!

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: Last, but not least... My Scared Stiff
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 08:02:08 PM »
Nice one! I've only played a very very rough sited SS before. It felt like it would have been a great game when playing well. Congrats on picking yours up.  ^^^

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 08:12:33 PM »
Great game to have in one's collection. Enjoy.
SC.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 10:17:44 PM »
Nice  ^^^

Offline muchostyle

• Forum Posts:
  • Cheltenham, VIC
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 06:42:34 PM »
Decided the top looked too bare, so added a few things.  The spider is real, given to me by a mate whose girlfriend wouldn't let him have it in the house...  Lol!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 08:29:53 PM »

SS is probably the only DMD that I would own next to my CV. The humor and the gameplay are brilliant. I like Horror movies and old comedies - so this is the perfect funny horror pinball.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline muchostyle

• Forum Posts:
  • Cheltenham, VIC
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 10:52:55 PM »
I've only had DMDs, but I was tempted to get EATPM...  Last one I saw needed a lot of work and was really overpriced IMHO.  I like the look of Gorgar too, but worry the older machines may not be complex enough to hold my interest for long.  :-)