Author Topic: Best and Worst Pinball Mods  (Read 259 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Best and Worst Pinball Mods
« on: August 07, 2013, 09:43:25 PM »
Mods-some love them and others don't and prefer to keep there games original. Personally I think certain games should be left alone i/e- EM & SS and that some of the more modern DMD's such as late model Stern's really suit some of the great bling mod's you see out there.
That said I have seen some mod's that really don't do it for me and in my opinion take away from the game rather than ad to it.
For me (and I know some members have this and are going to disagree..remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder) the chain and lock on the trunk on TOM looks really bad. Can't think of my favorite mod of the top of my head but interested to hear of other peoples most loved and most hated mods?

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Best and Worst Pinball Mods
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 09:58:01 PM »
I started a similar thread a while ago.
http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=8408.0

I think a good mod is one that is tasteful, not tacky and can be removed so the machine can be easily returned back to it's former glory to suit the next owner.

eg mirror blades look great in some machines with black mirrors being my favourite as they are still close to what a cabinet looks like but with a little bit of bling and can be removed, as opposed to those new cabinet side decals instead of mirror blades are such a permanent mod and would be a pain in the a##e to remove and fix the cabinet.

wotto loves toppers, so here is a mod for him  %.%, but not to my liking

https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 05:31:55 AM »
Sorry Swinks I must have missed your thread just read it and there are nice mods there. Love Wotto's topper. I agree tasteful not tacky and easy to remove if needed.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 07:09:05 AM »
No dramas, keep this going...

Just in case you don't know know Wotto hates toppers with a passion, that one makes me laugh every time I see it. %.%
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 08:37:26 AM »
My all time favourite mod is LED's. Really makes inserts pop, they serve a purpose in less heat and I have not had to replace many, not like globes that seems to be a full time job in replacements. Moving tiger saw I think is my fav.

Least and I got it for nix basically on eBay is the upright coin for a tz. The boss of rtbb hates it so much there's more expletives in his sentences than actual words when he describes it.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 09:35:58 AM »
No dramas, keep this going...

Just in case you don't know know Wotto hates toppers with a passion, that one makes me laugh every time I see it. %.%
Yeah I knew this I remember when Wotto was selling his White Water his description said no topper because I hate toppers or something to that affect. To be honest I'm not a huge topper fan either but the white water topper would be an exception to this for me.

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 09:45:37 AM »
My all time favourite mod is LED's. Really makes inserts pop, they serve a purpose in less heat and I have not had to replace many, not like globes that seems to be a full time job in replacements. Moving tiger saw I think is my fav.

Least and I got it for nix basically on eBay is the upright coin for a tz. The boss of rtbb hates it so much there's more expletives in his sentences than actual words when he describes it.
I agree with you on both points. LED are great look better and less heat and I love my spinning tiger saw. Don't know if I'd put LED's into a EM though would have to see one before I made up my mind on that one.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 01:10:44 PM »
I have to admit I like my Space invaders topper. Seems to kinda have a purpose.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 01:12:55 PM »
Under cab lighting
I just do not see the point

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 01:48:56 PM »
Under cab lighting
it helps people to find their games in the dark maybe  @.@  &^& or maybe they play faster like the car ones make your car go faster

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 02:00:20 PM »
Under cab lighting
or maybe if you drop your dollar coin whilst putting it in the slot whilst pissed it makes it easier to find on the floor