Author Topic: Deaf repairs  (Read 1098 times)

Offline rustalan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Deaf repairs
« on: August 25, 2013, 10:08:16 PM »
! wasn't sure where to put this so......... A friend of mine that is deaf sent me this as it is about a friend of his from the states thinking I may like it. So I thought I might share with all of you.
http://ideafnews.com/2013/08/12/special-feature-an-interview-with-eric-kamen-deaf-pinball-collector/  ^^^ I would suggest you watch this twice. Once to read the sub titles, Second to watch them Sign.
I learn't basic Auslan (Australian sign language) but can not keep up with these guys. It will take a little while to load, pausing and unpausing after a little while helps. Sorry no audio lol
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 10:15:05 PM by rustalan »

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Deaf repairs
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 10:23:00 PM »
That was really disturbing and really amazing at the same time.   Disturbing in the fact that I really struggled to read the subtitles all the cool machines in the background may have distracted me.  But at the risk of sounding stupid are they really saying everything in the subtitles with there hands?  AMAZING. 
  I Had a step dad who was blind which was also amazing reading a book with brail I couldn't tell the difference between 1 dot and ten. 

Really reminds us how good we have it.

Offline rustalan

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 10:32:57 PM »
Yes they are saying all that with hands. A lot of other stuff are conveyed with the pantomime body language such as joy etc. Actually the deaf culture sometimes feel we  are the ones  with a handicap cause we can hear. Try talking to someone on the other side of a crowded room. They just sign lol

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 10:40:48 PM »
Imagine that "hot chick checking you out at 6 o'clock across a nightclub floor" between mates.  Plus the added bonus never having to hear her complain or Nag

Offline elkor-alish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 03:33:38 PM »
Plus the added bonus never having to hear her complain or Nag

THAT would be awesome.  :)

I had a deaf person come over and have a few games on Metallica and I couldn't help feeling sorry for him missing out on all the cool music and sounds.  :(

Pick your favourite pin, turn the sound off and have a game. Just isn't the same.
I don't think we realise how much the music and sounds add to a game.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline rustalan

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 03:05:46 AM »
You can tell people how you feel about them and if you smile while doing it they think it's a compliment.  &&