Author Topic: More crappy sited pins (GRRRRRR)  (Read 2597 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
More crappy sited pins (GRRRRRR)
« on: September 01, 2013, 08:09:44 PM »
Found a games room at the Opel cove resort in Coffs Harbour and as usual had a couple of terrible pins and they wonder why people fldont play pinball.  To my amazement the wife jumped on the goldeneye low and behold stuff all GI dirty as and the left flipper sticks up until a good bump or the ball hits it.

Jump on the roadshow same thing zero GI dirty and the flippers were that weak I walked away mid ball.

I messaged the owner but doupt anything will be done.

Even the big buck hunter HD was shit the gun was atleast 2-3 inches out of calibration so impossible for a decent game (after paying $10 for a full trek)

My sited pins work 100% and get a clean and check everytime I empty them seriously its not that hard people.  As all you guys know

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: More crappy sited pins (GRRRRRR)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 08:10:58 PM »

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 08:24:25 PM »
This would be the equivalent of a car rental company not servicing or washing their vehickes - utterly disgusting.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 08:34:42 PM »
Your dead right.  And the biggest disappointment was the wife she never plays pinball and the one time she decides to was a massive let down..

Hopefully when we get home she will have a few games on a fully working machine but I doupt it

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 08:46:28 PM »

Sure wouldn't inspire new players, pathetic really.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Blktgr74

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Re: More crappy sited pins (GRRRRRR)
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 09:45:26 PM »
One of my pet hates is paying for a game on a pin only to be let down because of poor maintenance. It always pisses me off as thats a dollar that could have gone to the next pin. That being said always happy to pay to play a game that I don't have just don't like the let down

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 10:28:31 PM »
The timing of this thread could not be better !

I went to a kids' play center today and found a Southpark pinball with all three balls stuck in the outhole and the broken plastic and lamp socket wedged in there as well. No contact number on the machine, and the staff were not interested in the problem once I reported it. So I turned the game off. Five minutes later, the staff turned the game back on ! As long as the coin acceptor works, then the game is 100% fully functional.

I was in contact with an operator that "operates" machines in the northern suburbs recently, and he confirmed the fact that "as long as the coin mech works, the game is 100%". I looked at a TOTAN and it had electrical hacks that were disgraceful and 8 Amp Slo Blo fuses throughout the driver board which should have been 4 Amp Slo Blo. The game played worse than the worst container pin that had not been cleaned or serviced for 20 years. Needed a flipper kit, but only the bare minimum was acceptable - so only one flipper was rebuilt - and only because the coil burnt the coil sleeve and eventually burnt the coil completely.. This game was a fire risk. i explained everything to him, but his biggest concern was setting the game to $1 for 3 balls and setting it to "hard"..

From that day on, I promised myself I'll never ever work on an operators machine. They make container pins look like "NIB" pins..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 01:18:27 AM »
i am quite lucky,
the operators i do repairs for want their machines working 100%.
one of them even asks me to play them and make sure that every part of the game is working properly.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 09:54:17 AM »
Southpark located at "Kid's Space" in Epping Victoria ;

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 10:10:25 AM »
Local SM - op was told about this 3 months ago. Still not fixed.

Mr Sandman bring me a dream......

Offline Fridgy

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 04:08:35 PM »
I recently played 3 pins at timezone in knox. What a let down. ACDC was alright aside from lights out and some broken plastics but the BDK and LOTR were a disgrace. It reminded me of how lucky we are to have games at home which play the way they should.

Offline Shaneus

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 04:40:23 PM »
I'll leave this hear, along with my apologies for the bump... meant to post it in the stickied thread. Mods, delete if you like :)

This is old and not actually mine (but a friend's) but from the looks and sounds of it, definitely worthy of this thread. I'll leave it to the dude who posted it:

7 of the best machines ever built and only T3 remotely in playable condition. Mostly with cactus canyon. To see one in the wild in such poor condition makes me weep. And a back in black LE AC/DC so dirty you can't see the lower playfield? Hang your head in shame Sonix Chirnside Park. Cactus Canyon, Guns n Roses, AC/DC LE, Attack from Mars, No Good Gofers, Theatre of Magic and Terminator 3. Some of the worst maintained machines I've ever seen.
I didn't even know any CC's made it into AU. So not only is there at least one here, but it's in appalling condition :/
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 04:42:06 PM by Shaneus »

Offline Brett2280

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 08:43:28 PM »
Code: [Select]
charlestown timezone has the same problem crappy acdc

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 09:20:35 PM »
I'll leave this hear, along with my apologies for the bump... meant to post it in the stickied thread. Mods, delete if you like :)

This is old and not actually mine (but a friend's) but from the looks and sounds of it, definitely worthy of this thread. I'll leave it to the dude who posted it:

7 of the best machines ever built and only T3 remotely in playable condition. Mostly with cactus canyon. To see one in the wild in such poor condition makes me weep. And a back in black LE AC/DC so dirty you can't see the lower playfield? Hang your head in shame Sonix Chirnside Park. Cactus Canyon, Guns n Roses, AC/DC LE, Attack from Mars, No Good Gofers, Theatre of Magic and Terminator 3. Some of the worst maintained machines I've ever seen.
I didn't even know any CC's made it into AU. So not only is there at least one here, but it's in appalling condition :/

Nice lineup of sited pins either way, but too bad they aren't maintained.

A few Aussie delivered CC's made it to Aus. I remember in the "old days" of ebay 2005/2006, you would see an Aussie delivered CC listed from time to time for $7500 BIN which was thought of as a crazy price at the time.