Author Topic: Pat Lawlor Pins  (Read 4191 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Pat Lawlor Pins
« on: October 02, 2008, 08:14:09 PM »
Been reading a thread on RGP about "Where is Pat". Got me thinking, looked at his games list and realised that he's been designing games for exactly 20 years this year! So I started a poll in his honour! :) OK, my favorite is Funhouse. There's just something about Rudy that makes me smile every time! I like the fair amount of open playfield, something I missed in later games. let us know what you think....
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 08:20:04 PM by pinnies4me »
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Pat Lawlor Pins
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 08:20:01 PM »
I like Addams - hate TZ.

I hear RBION is very similar in layout to TZ. Can anyone confirm?

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 08:48:02 PM »
The Addams Family for me ..... I love the theme, the music, the gameplay .... and a bit of nostalgia too, I remember playing this machine when it was first released and I was blown away. Lucky for me I had the opportunity to play a brand new one - wow  #.#

Matthew

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 09:08:28 PM »

I've gone for Addams as I just enjoy the entire "package". The art, gameplay, toys and playfield layout. Just a really great pinball.

I have not played all his titles - But I certainly do not like Safecracker (sorry Mark!) or No Good Gophers..

Still not convinced with TZ.

I played Funhouse at Silverball's house and enjoyed it immensely.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 09:12:31 PM »
I went with Banzai Run... mainly 'cos I think the upright playfield is a novel idea, and I've never completed the upper section. Second would be TZ and Funhouse tied. Not a fan of Addams (sorry guys!). Just goes to show that it is a personal taste thing...

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 09:16:56 PM »
Has anyone here got a Banzai Run by the way? Love that game! It would be my number 2, followed by TAF. I'm also in the don't like TZ much camp - bought a nice one, did it up until it was perfect, couldn't play past ball one after a few months, kept turning it off to go and play other games. I think its the clutter, way too much covered real estate for me.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 09:07:55 AM »
I went with Banzai Run... mainly 'cos I think the upright playfield is a novel idea, and I've never completed the upper section. Second would be TZ and Funhouse tied. Not a fan of Addams (sorry guys!). Just goes to show that it is a personal taste thing...

Does that mean that if I was to buy a TAF, you wouldn't service it for me?  #$#

Matthew

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 11:22:27 AM »

Does that mean that if I was to buy a TAF, you wouldn't service it for me?  #$#

Matthew

I'll still service it for you, and even play it for you... I just wouldn't buy one for myself  %$%

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 12:28:11 PM »
I to am not a big fan of TAF, I get over it too quickly.  Gotta go with the TZ, it is a little cluttered but is a fantastic vision of what can be done with a pin, great all round package. My second is Bansai, again a great idea, a complete vertical playfield in the backbox, and of course the dirtbike theme grabs my attention.
I haven't been a huge fan of his latest games but I think he was on a winner with Family Guy, really enjoyed the intergration with piss funny quotes, fart multiball, and the fantastic mini playfield

Offline indazone gav

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 03:05:09 PM »
Went TZ but very close second for WW

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 03:10:28 PM »
I to am not a big fan of TAF, I get over it too quickly.  Gotta go with the TZ, it is a little cluttered but is a fantastic vision of what can be done with a pin, great all round package.

You finished that game yet Matt? I have been hanging out for a game of TZ (to see if I like it now that it's been gone a while).

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 03:53:55 PM »
Nah, still cleaning :D getting closer though. When I'm done I'll get you and Nuggy over as my moving crew, from the shed to the rumpus. Payment will be in the form of a few games, might even offer you a beer *)*

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 04:47:48 PM »
Ah, beer.... I'll be right over!  :D

Offline Nug

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
  • NPC non-factory CEO
    • Coconut Island
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 05:59:16 PM »
I like Addams - hate TZ.

I hear RBION is very similar in layout to TZ. Can anyone confirm?

yes ! i think so too, mostly the LHS.
oh my mistake.. you are wrong !

Offline Nug

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
  • NPC non-factory CEO
    • Coconut Island
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 06:24:33 PM »
hey im generally fond of lawlor pins, theyre layouts are often screwed with dicky rulesets but thank f$%k they pulled the Addams family out the hat...one of my all time favorites but after a family guy encounter (and i really havent played that much of one !!!) im going on a limb with the stern!    ^^^

regards

PS you could always put some FL 11629's in it !!!

PPs 'a' will not cut it...'some' beers thanks matt...still having nightmares of a white wagon running nug over  !!!   <.>
oh my mistake.. you are wrong !