Author Topic: Jurassic Park ROM update  (Read 10380 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Jurassic Park ROM update
« on: October 03, 2013, 08:20:39 PM »
Fresh from his wonderful work on updating Star Wars, Chad is working on Jurassic Park.

In a recent poll I suggested I'd love to see the code changed to remove the first mode always being "Stampede".

Well that's the first cab off the rank.

Can't wait to play the final version!!

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Re: Jurassic Park ROM update
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 09:57:15 PM »
should be good when all done, that stampede is a killer first up Go Go go...    #@#

Offline BuzzMoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 03:21:02 PM »
Interesting! A JP machine is my next planned purchase, did notice some reviews mentioning that stampede is alqways the first mode. Will it just randomly select the first mode?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 03:28:48 PM »
Interesting! A JP machine is my next planned purchase, did notice some reviews mentioning that stampede is alqways the first mode. Will it just randomly select the first mode?

Yes, Chad confirmed that the first mode will be random - the idea was very popular as it is just a little annoying to always start on Stampede.

But the list of changes and updates is huge now, and I can't wait to get my hands on the update. Here's some of the latest updates -

Raptor Pit Value
Original:   Starts at 2M, each Raptor Pit shot increases value by 350,000.
Proposal:   Starts at 4M, each Raptor Pit shot increases value by 350,000.

Special
Original:   Special can be lit via Egg shot but it is rare and it can only happen on Ball 3.
Proposal:   Special can be lit via Egg shot but it is rare and it can now happen on any Ball.

Adjustment 37 - Restart Game
Original:   This is on by default. Also, when turned off, game will still restart on Ball 3 when Start Button is pressed.
Proposal:   This is off by default. Also, when turned off, game will no longer restart on Ball 3 when Start button is pressed. (Those with small children will appreciate this.)

Match Sound Effect
Original:   When a match is not achieved, if there is no credits (or game is on Free Play) then game will play descending notes sound effect. If there are credits then game will play “Ohh, T-Rex got him” sound call.
Proposal:   When a match is not achieved, if there is no credits (or game is on Free Play) then game will play “Ohh, T-Rex got him” sound call. If there are credits then game will play descending notes sound effect..

System Boot
Original:   15 seconds, shoot all scoops for 5M, 10M, 15M. 30M total.
Proposal:   20 seconds, shoot all scoops for 5M, 10M, 15M. 30M total.

T-REX Bounty
Original:   Starts at 7.5M. Increases by 500,000 per T-Rex saucer shot. Also increases by 100,000 per ramp shot. DOES NOT reset between games. Collects/resets when player makes four T-Rex saucer shots in one game (or in one ball if Adjustment 44 “T-Rex In Memory” is set to No). Tournament mode: The letters in T-REX reset at the beginning of each ball and the T-REX Bounty also resets to 7.5M.
Proposal:   Starts at 12.5M. Increases by 2.5M per T-Rex saucer shot. Also increases by 2M per ramp shot. DOES reset between games. Collects/resets when player makes four T-Rex saucer shots in one game (or in one ball if Adjustment 44 “T-Rex In Memory” is set to No). Tournament mode: The letters in T-REX reset at the beginning of each ball and the T-REX Bounty also resets to 12.5M.

Ramp
Original:   50 ramp shots will Lite Extra Ball.
Proposal:   20 ramp shots will Lite Extra Ball.

The captive ball Egg shot requirement counts have been reduced to grant awards more often.

ORIGINAL:
2 shots to collect 5M.
3 more shots to collect 10M (or extra ball if your extra ball percentage achieved is low).
4 more shots to collect 15M.
6 more shots to start Super Egg Mania.
6 more shots to collect 15M.
6 more shots to start Super Egg Mania.
repeating...

This requires 15 shots to start Super Egg Mania.

PROPOSAL:
1 shot to collect 5M.
2 more shots to collect 10M (or extra ball if your extra ball percentage achieved is low).
3 more shots to collect 15M.
4 more shots to start Super Egg Mania.
4 more shots to start Super Egg Mania.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline andtan

• Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 06:54:47 PM »
Can't wait for this to be finished ^^^

Offline BuzzMoo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 12:30:29 PM »
Geez! That's a pretty significant list!! Well, I suppose after years of playtesting the need for this kind of fine tuning becomes apparent. And now I have no choice but to get one ASAP :D

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 02:41:18 PM »
Geez! That's a pretty significant list!! Well, I suppose after years of playtesting the need for this kind of fine tuning becomes apparent. And now I have no choice but to get one ASAP :D

Actually, that's just some of them! There's plenty more - for example, when turning the game on the T-Rex goes through a test (which takes a few minutes) every time. This will be able to be turned off.

Offline BuzzMoo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 03:20:37 PM »
The T-Rex is what worries me about owning this game.. probably the less it moves the better :p