Author Topic: Illuminated Flipper Bats  (Read 5098 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Illuminated Flipper Bats
« on: October 22, 2013, 10:04:41 AM »
a pinsider came up with a interesting mod almost perfect for Tron, though wonder how long the leds will last with the impacts.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-illuminated-flipper-bats

BillE said

Just wanted to show everyone what I've been playing with for a little while now. Had the idea a while back and wanted to see if this was even really possible. Went through a few different trial and errors, different parts and the current version is pretty awesome.

Each bat has 9 LEDs each and have a real nice glow and are not overly bright and not distracting at all. If I get enough time to do so I can post a tutorial on how you can make these yourself. It's a little bit of work but well worth it I think. So far I've made red ones, blue, purple, and several other different LED color / bat color combinations. I've made some for some buddies to play with and they like them a lot.

utoplay=1&rel=0
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline rustalan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Illuminated Flipper Bats
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 02:39:31 PM »
Yep could see a set of blue ones on my Williams Flash for sure *%*

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »
I dont really think impact is an issue, considering the rubber takes all the 'hit' and the ball never really hits a flipper at high impact compared to hos the ball (leaving the flipper) smashes into the nearest post or target etc.....
The main issue would be the wires from the leds down thru the playfield that are pivoting with every flipper action, causing early breakage....this could be remedied by using bushes/brushes on the flipper shaft, with lots of modding :-)

Another option is to use RGB leds, so the colours can chang with certain bonus levels or achievements, or even change colours to the music etc.

MM.

Offline Brett2280

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 11:13:38 PM »
They look great. Gotta have some of these