Author Topic: Pinball Flipper Bat Keyring - thoughts  (Read 3938 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Pinball Flipper Bat Keyring - thoughts
« on: October 30, 2013, 12:59:08 PM »
I like my old keyrings for my keys and thought I would like a shiny metal one and thought why not a pinball one.

I will be doing these through Shapeways only as they can do the high detail and they have a wide choice of materials:
- coloured plastics
- raw metals
- polished metals

Going through Shapeways will keep the cost down for you, give you a variety of options and you can order direct or I can get a batch and everyone in that batch shares the postage and I on send to people for the postage cost. I still make a small percentage on each one but I am more doing it to get them out there and just for fun as I wanted one.

I won't list prices until the design is finalised and I get a sample from Shapeways to check how it looks and go from there.

It will be roughly 84mm long x 25mm wide x 2.5mm thick

At this stage I have a "Keep On Flippin" design and will do a "blank recess profile" design that you can always engrave your game name on it, but I am not going to do custom name ones for everyone as it takes a bit of time to do the graphics and then merge them into the model and debug etc.

Please let me know what you guys think of the design…….  ^^^  or thumbs down etc.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Pinball Flipper Bat Keyring - thoughts
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 01:08:03 PM »
I should add the lettering is recessed in as well as the rubber and bat profile on the same side and on the flip side it steps up not in.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 08:40:35 PM »
Very cool, I like! Only suggestion I have is that perhaps you could do a flipper bottle opener key ring as well.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Pinball Flipper Bat Keyrings - 3 versions
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 06:43:40 PM »
I have designed and proof printed 3 new flipper bat key rings. These will be available from Shapeways as they have a selection of materials from smooth nylon plastic to various metal options and I have only put a small % margin on the design with the cost variances mainly dictated by there materials and a small charge fee on each item. I have investigated other sites and in the end these guys are decent and print much better than what I can do.

So the following will be available from Shapeways anywhere from $7.74US up to over $300 for pure silver etc.

The back is blank on each one for keeping that way or writing or engraving a address or game name on. Hope you like them.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/Dutch-Orange

Note: I will soon be releasing a few mods only available through these guys as they can do a nice finish with a metal logo  #@# for the band pins
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 06:45:32 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Pinball Flipper Bat Keyring - 3 versions
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 06:57:39 PM »
also should note that:

it is now 2.5mm thick from the front face to the rear face with both sides recessing, mainly to keep the weight down and material use down = lower cost.

I won't give up on the bottle opener type but I may leave that to later for a laser cut and laser engraved design but realistically  won't be that cheap so doubt people will buy it.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline vanhos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 05:50:57 PM »
SWINKS

I just found this post. A bottle opener flipper key ring is a great idea. Did u look into laser cut prices. You would sell a shit load at the expo in November plus they would sell thousands in the states I'm sure.
HOS

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 10:05:53 AM »
count me in for some when u do them.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline vanhos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 03:04:32 PM »
Hey swinks you probably been busy have you looked into the bottle opener idea lately.
HOS