Author Topic: Bally / WMS - Aussie Coin Entry Parts  (Read 4095 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Bally / WMS - Aussie Coin Entry Parts
« on: December 03, 2013, 02:24:55 PM »
Just wondering if someone could educate me in coin entrances in your typical coin door used in all the 90's Bally / WMS coin doors. They are typically transparent orange and since there are alot of Euro's machines the entry is not correct for our money.

I found these as a reference - orange ones down the page.
http://www.pinball.co/search.aspx?searchTerms=coin

Was there ever a Aus coin one for say 20 cent, $1 and $2?

Would people be interested in any of these?

Would people like other colour options if available - clear, yellow, red, green, blue, orange, purple?
though I am waiting on final colour options

Was there ever a Aus coin one for say 20 cent, $1 and $2?

Would people be interested in these?

You are allowed 2 votes so if you could vote for the most suitable colour as well as the most suitable coin value?

How this came about is I have a CFTBL and thought green ones would be cool in the aussie currency but could not find either option. I found a company that can print transparent resin (though not water clear but still pretty good).
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pinballer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Bally / WMS - Aussie Coin Entry Parts
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 03:41:32 PM »
Definitely interested in these, especially if you can make them with $0.50, $1 and $2 denominations.  Would be happy with $1 only.  Color orange or red most definitely.  Blue and Green if possible.  Would want to be relatively cheap though, not something I'd want to be paying more than a $1 - $1.50 each in quantities. Please keep us updated.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 04:07:27 PM »
Definitely interested in these, especially if you can make them with $0.50, $1 and $2 denominations.  Would be happy with $1 only.  Color orange or red most definitely.  Blue and Green if possible.  Would want to be relatively cheap though, not something I'd want to be paying more than a $1 - $1.50 each in quantities. Please keep us updated.

Will take all this into consideration but considering how they are made I will have minimal control over cost whether it be one or a hundred. I am only putting a small margin for my time and because I want a few in green and blue.

I know Markc is not the cheapest but on average the:
- coin entry chute is about $5
- coin reject button is $5.25
- coin reject button cover is $5.25

I will definitely strive to get them resin printed as cheap as possible but that is a bit out of my control.

In the end this will be suited for aussie money and custom colours, though I will definitely keep those that are interested up to date.

For others please participate and place your votes so I have some goals at designs mainly.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pinballer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 05:10:40 PM »
Those prices Mark.C has them listed for are ridiculous!  Only someone who really needed/wanted an Aussie set would spend that much  &^&

Most likely due to economy of scale though. If they could be made cheaply in a large batch, I'm sure many of us would buy them to have Aussie only coin entry plates on our doors.  Once the price nears Mark.C's, I'd stick with what I had, unless they were badly burnt, have big holes in them or missing altogether. 

Not trying to be negative, just wanting to voice my opinion.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 06:40:03 PM »
no worries your opinion is valued and helpful, just I know unless I was going to make a couple of thousand or more could you even get the prices down to a point that is affordable, just thought to put it out there.

I will still design just so I can have custom ones and will post when I have made a set for the CFTBL

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 07:36:26 PM »
I personally would love a blue one for my Tron and would buy them to match any machine i had.

I think the main colours of Red, Orange, Blue, Green, Yellow would be great. Will watch this one with interest.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 07:50:30 PM »
Yes green would look unreal in Cftbl and blue for white water.   The new sterns use a different style button but could be worth doing them aswell if the bally Williams ones move ok.   

Ill buy a green set and a blue set for sure ;) whatever the price

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 08:07:35 PM »
Meh, by the 90's coin doors had become generic and boring
I loved the old style doors from Bally Williams and Gottlieb

but if you do make something game specific I might buy one