Author Topic: Elektra ebay  (Read 307 times)

Offline vanhos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
Elektra ebay
« on: December 08, 2013, 02:49:03 PM »
I'm sure you guys have seen this on ebay. Hope he sells it at that price. ^^^ && && && && @.@

Maybe I should buy it for my missing plastics lmao. 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Elektra-Pinball-machine-/141128902679?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item20dbf02817&_uhb=1
HOS

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Elektra ebay
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 03:05:07 PM »
Commercial operators operate to make a profit

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 03:14:25 PM »
I still like the space invaders for $5500 is great value @.@ and has the same headbox glamour shot. I would have though items commanding these prices would have better photos???
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 03:58:22 PM »

Agreed 100 %.  Commercial Operators, Professional Vendors etc.  It is a business, the goal to make the most amount of money with the least amount of expenditure possible.

Unfortunately those prices tend to set a trend on eBay...Other people see those prices and say hey, my Street Fighter 2 pinball is worth $3990.00 all day long.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 07:34:24 PM »

Agreed 100 %.  Commercial Operators, Professional Vendors etc.  It is a business, the goal to make the most amount of money with the least amount of expenditure possible.

Unfortunately those prices tend to set a trend on eBay...Other people see those prices and say hey, my Street Fighter 2 pinball is worth $3990.00 all day long.

+1

I think the last 3-4 years has seen the incidents of impulse buying without doing any homework decrease significantly. Daniel had his Electra for sale for quite some time at around the $2000 mark and it was nice. It was reconditioned to a high standard.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 07:49:26 PM »

+1

I think the last 3-4 years has seen the incidents of impulse buying without doing any homework decrease significantly. Daniel had his Electra for sale for quite some time at around the $2000 mark and it was nice. It was reconditioned to a high standard.
that's right I remember it didn't move for some time. I don't believe these will go for the asking price but then what do I know.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 07:55:32 PM »
I don't think any of the over priced dealer pins sell for the asking amount.... its a drive by the dealers to put the price up and fish for higher prices... ask say $3900 and accept $3000... buyer then thinks hes got a bit of a deal.. seller got his money.

Another tactic is to list the same machine twice... chuck it on at BIN $4500 one day. The list the same machine, different pictures the next for $3200 and all of a sudden the $3200 machine is looking like a reasonable buy!

Offline vanhos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 12:04:24 AM »
So hard to work out a average price for a machinf if they keep selling at prices like that.

On flip side put u own machine on fleebay and you might get the higher price lol.   @.@ @.@ &^&
HOS

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 10:03:39 AM »