Author Topic: First post, and first pin  (Read 1936 times)

Offline grantg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane - 4160
First post, and first pin
« on: December 12, 2013, 06:31:43 PM »
Hi all,

I had originally thought purchasing a pin would be a simple process, but after a little research deciding on a pin is harder than I thought. I am hoping to start off with a BSD or WH2O, and eventually work my way up to TZ, IJ, LOTR, (and possibly MM when the remake comes out). Unfortunately people tend to hang onto the popular machines and when they do come up the sell fast. Hopefully I will be able to snag one (I have a feeling I wont stop at one...)

Also interested in finding places that have pins available to play. I was at Timezone surfers paradise yesterday, and although its the largest arcade in aus (that place is seriously huge), there were only 6 pinball machines (2xST, 2xavengers, 1xACDC, 1xmetalica). I am hoping to check out and play as many machines as I can.

Cheers  ^^^

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: First post, and first pin
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 07:15:23 PM »
welcome and enjoy AP

WH20 is my pick from those 2 starters, cool game, just make sure you can find ones with a decent set of ramps in them as they are not cheap.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 08:52:19 PM »
Welcome aboard.

WH2O is an awesome machine but don't rule out BSD either, it is a very underrated machine and great machine.  I have both, BSD was my very first machine and I still have it after many have been and gone.  BSD will be easier to find and also cheaper than a WH2O.  Whatever the case, you can't really go wrong with either one of them.
Addicted to pins.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 08:56:32 PM »

Welcome to AP!

There's a BSD for sale in the trading section, but you'll need 20 posts to be able to view it. Needs a little work but very well priced.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 10:35:48 PM »
Welcome aboard.

White water is a great game and the first and only pinball my wife has ever said anything nice about lol.

Good luck with the hunt

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 11:41:07 PM »
 %)% 
Lots of us started with one but they do breed    :lol

Enjoy the forum       Howzat

Offline grantg

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane - 4160
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 10:22:57 AM »
welcome and enjoy AP

WH20 is my pick from those 2 starters, cool game, just make sure you can find ones with a decent set of ramps in them as they are not cheap.

I am leaning towards WH2O as it looks like a lot of fun, but I may have to wait a while for one to come up. I just had a quick look at ramps, US$598 for the full 7 set! wow!

Offline grantg

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane - 4160
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 10:29:26 AM »
Welcome aboard.

WH2O is an awesome machine but don't rule out BSD either, it is a very underrated machine and great machine.  I have both, BSD was my very first machine and I still have it after many have been and gone.  BSD will be easier to find and also cheaper than a WH2O.  Whatever the case, you can't really go wrong with either one of them.

That is my plan, WH2O is my first pick, but I will keep an eye out for a BSD while I am searching (the other option is to bite the bullet and jump in the deep end with a TZ. There seems to be a few around and they get good reviews (and look cool). The minister of finance may not be impressed with this approach...)

Welcome to AP!

There's a BSD for sale in the trading section, but you'll need 20 posts to be able to view it. Needs a little work but very well priced.

I have seen Marty's BSD for sale. I am going to look into freight options today, could be a go'er.

Cheers,

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 09:35:13 PM »
Not to stop you with the bsd but wh2o is a game that has a lot of challenges and I have yet to see anyone live really kick its arse. Ramps may be expensive but there is 7 of them. Lots of games may have 3 and that's it so don't let that stop you. If its not ramps you're replacing on others, its broken toys or something.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 09:43:03 PM »
 $.$%)% BSD and WH20 are both great games, you won't be disappointed with either.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 08:39:33 PM »
 %)%

Offline Brett2280

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 04:47:22 PM »
Welcome.   I have a bsd and it is a great game.

Offline Brett2280

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 09:34:02 PM »
I have a bsd. Great game. Try and play them
And aee what you prefer