Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Xmen
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 07:25:12 AM »
Is this one cheap.  Or is xmen overrated.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pinball-Xmen-Pro-Stern-/221332901268?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item3388780d94&_uhb=1

Not cheap enough. No sale and no offers.

I guess that sums up the market's view of this game. Not the best time of year to sell though I suppose.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 09:10:42 PM »
I have a BNIB X Men Pro n I would never ever sell it ever. One of the most enjoyable pins ever built, and I have played over 100 titles easily so this is a special well designed game for sure.

I think I paid something like $6700 delivered with shaker n was one of the first ever buyers when aussie dollar was much much better.
I reckon a mint one is worth $5000 to $5500 all day long. Don't know how many Bruce-AMD brought in, but its a excellent game for sure.
One of John Borgs best. Flow n 3rd flipper n ball capture under magneto all very very smart. The loop shot from the right flipper up thru the pop bumpers to loop right around to the 3rd flipper (if u are quick enough with the 3rd flipper) or back to botttem two flippers is the fastest loop I have ever played on any machine.

At that price if game has low plays its a absolute bargain. Cab art is just sensational n dmd display rocks.  Toys are sized well I reckon n fit very very well.
I bought a spare yellow wolverine n a spare red magneto to make a custom topper. bargain game. Someone shld jump on it at that price, surely....
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 10:08:41 PM »

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 10:15:25 PM »
It is the best of the current sterns by a mile, leaves acdc, metal lika, st , avengers etc for dead.
It must be that most people who play it suck at pinball so bad that they can't appreciate it.
 <.>
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 10:32:01 PM »
I can't believe the one on the Goldy for $4800 hasn't even had one offer yet.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2014, 02:58:19 AM »
maybe people are still a bit broke after xmas n all its costs....???

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2014, 12:56:43 AM »
Don't fight the tape.  #@#

« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 01:01:53 AM by pinsanity »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Xmen
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2014, 01:06:50 AM »
I can't believe the one on the Goldy for $4800 hasn't even had one offer yet.

Edit: maybe location is a factor.

Peter

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2014, 05:54:22 PM »

Peter

The Costco answer was better.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2014, 07:00:46 PM »

Peter

The Costco answer was better.

Lol I thought my comment was sinking as low as another member who at the moment looks like a complete tool :-)

Peter

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2014, 07:25:44 PM »
X-Men is a great game, super deep with great shots and flow.

Unfortunately its initial code let it down and I don't think it will ever recover.

Like any game, you need to play it to know whether you like it or not. Don't believe everything you read about it.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2014, 11:21:33 PM »
X-Men is a great game, super deep with great shots and flow.

Unfortunately its initial code let it down and I don't think it will ever recover.

Like any game, you need to play it to know whether you like it or not. Don't believe everything you read about it.

agree 90 percent somewhat. code originally I thought was fine, unless u are a pinny genius n play for many many hours, for which by then, my small brain has already fried n eaten up enough rules n combos n audio etc to keep me well happy.lol.

I think just because one or two machines get listed at the start of the year n aren't sold straight away really means nothing. Not a lot of people have played this title, unlike say ACDC. Cartoon theme/comic theme is not everyones cup of tea. It also came out just after everyone was still broke paying off ACDC.

The prices of X Men in any form haven't dived at all. Wylie Coyote never got anything right in any cartoons, couldn't even catch the bird once in 10,000 attempts.lol  %$% %$%

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2014, 12:34:41 AM »
X-Men was never a title I worried too much about. It wasn't a theme that appealed to me. With these cheaper Pro models appearing on eBay, I was almost tempted to give it a go. I think the code is better than it was and there's the chance of another code update coming....on top of this machine, I'd also like to give Lord of the Rings and The Sopranos a play now. Two other titles I never cared for.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2014, 01:14:24 AM »
Ok.. im going to chime in on a Stern machine.
Yep, ive played it and yep.. I was surprised. Its a bloody good game to play!
My only gripe would be that I played for a long time and seemed to be doing an awful lot in the way of getting the targets etc but didn't score anything.. didn't mind it at all and well worthy of a few bucks chucked in to have a couple of games.
I don't like the "look" of Stern games, they just don't appeal to me, but this is a pretty good game to play.. go spend a few $$ in and have a blast

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2014, 10:55:31 AM »
Ok.. im going to chime in on a Stern machine.
Yep, ive played it and yep.. I was surprised. Its a bloody good game to play!
My only gripe would be that I played for a long time and seemed to be doing an awful lot in the way of getting the targets etc but didn't score anything.. didn't mind it at all and well worthy of a few bucks chucked in to have a couple of games.
I don't like the "look" of Stern games, they just don't appeal to me, but this is a pretty good game to play.. go spend a few $$ in and have a blast

I remember you played x-men and Ironman at my place and you said you enjoyed x-men much more than Ironman.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"