Author Topic: Does anyone have a contact at "Aristocrat" Poker machines??? (Aus)  (Read 1319 times)

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi All,

Does anyone have a contact at "Aristocrat" Poker machines??? (Aus)

I'm looking for schematic info for a particular video/pokie machine, in fact, ONLY the topper unit to get it to work "standalone" for someone.

Thanx in advance.
MM

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Good luck mate poker machine info is harder to find than proof of Roswell

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Good luck mate poker machine info is harder to find than proof of Roswell

Especially Aristocrat.. illegal to own a pokie machine and so any info is non existant to the public.. any info given to the public is instant dismissal.
Im assuming you are after a driver for an LED topper?.. if earlier you may have some luck.. ive built these in the past but driving them wouldn't be anything beyond your capabilities anyway I wouldn't have thought

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
Yep, looking for a schematic for the topper-driver board, although even if it powers up, i'd still need to know the serial codes to make it flash/change etc.

The topper is over complicated, i can't believe they use RS232 comms from the mainboard to tell the topper (when) to flash etc instead of just using some direct 'LED drives' off the mainboard, oh well...

Luckily the board uses a PIC chip, i'm thinking i'll just replace their pic with my own, coded to auto-flash the topper leds without the need for RS232 commands.
A schematic would help me map out which pins drive which leds etc, but in the long run i can just chase copper-tracks to work it out....just trying not to re-invent the wheel  :-)

Failing all the above, i'd just throw my on pic-board inside to drive the LEDs direct, but i'm trying not to build a board that already exists there now  ;-)

MM
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 06:15:22 PM by Marty Machine »