Author Topic: First one!  (Read 1828 times)

Offline mickeyboy52

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
First one!
« on: January 16, 2014, 04:40:57 PM »
Well, I did it! As I'd originally planned I have bought an ACDC Pro. All seems good, couple of little wobblies which we were able to rectify over the phone, but all in all very happy with it.
I was warned that I wouldn't be content with just one, so I am still looking for an older machine that I can tinker with.
Just had a look at a Cactus Jack. All seemed to work ok. Translight in great nick, playfield good except it's worn near the flippers, which appears fairly common in this machine. Cabinet good - few nicks and scratches.
Are parts readily available for this machine?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Re: First one!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 04:44:08 PM »
Congrats dude
They do look better in multiples *%*
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 06:41:37 PM »
Good on ya, great machine for your first. Welcome to the addiction. Pinnies are like pringles ( once you have one of them, you feel the need to have more). ^^^
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline Zedman

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 12:21:14 AM »
As a fellow noob I can tell ya be prepared to lose a bit o time now.

Welcome to the club!

Z

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 01:52:01 PM »

Cactus Jack is a really fun game, I enjoyed playing it a long time ago. I really like the artwork (but very much a matter of opinion).

it's a System 3 - so generally bullet proof.

Not sure what in the way of game specific parts are out there though, although the standard Gottlieb consumables are readily available from www.rtbb.com.au (sponsor here).

Make sure all the dancing dudes up the back are there and complete as I suspect part will not exist for them.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”