Author Topic: Newtown, NSW, Australia Pub Pinball Crawl  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Dumpstar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Newtown, NSW, Australia Pub Pinball Crawl
« on: January 20, 2014, 11:08:53 AM »
I started at the Newtown Hotel, which has a Stern Playboy and a Scared Stiff. Both are 3 ball games priced at $1 a go.

Had 2 games of Playboy, first game I sort of learnt how the table played and what to shoot for, the second game....

Well I had a multiball go for over 10 minutes before somehow I locked 3 balls into a what is the skill shot area (as well as giving some bonus). Not sure how this table works properly, but it seems you can stack multiballs on top of each other. I didn't realise intially what I had done. I thought I just had lost the other balls, then realised that jackpots were still going, and though maybe I had one other ball stuck somewhere. Once I realised that with one ball that it couldn't be lost (if it went down the middle it would just shoot it out again), I thought I would go in for a closer look...

Eventually I locked the last ball into that same area (didn't think about taking a photo of that). And the Playboy champ was christened...

Ended up getting the game to pop 6 times. Gave to the credits to a kid who was playing the Scared Stiff.

THen I moved onto the Scared Stiff after that marathon on Playboy. I really hate how easy this table is. Played one ball, popped it, got 2 extra balls (just doing both ramp shots) and then got my mate to take over as I had had enough of that table.

Kellys on King

Photo didn't turn out well, but they have a stern avengers. THere is one of those at another pub I'm going to, so decided to pass at this opportunity which as it turns out was a silly call as this one was brand new and looked amazing.

Town Hall Hotel

THis has a P2K Star Wars and a Spiderman both setup for 5 ball play at $2 a go or $5 for 3 games.

Had a go of star wars first, but some silly rubber came loose in my game. Sorry I only took pictures while the game was off, but wasn't expecting a rubber to come loose on the playfield and steal my ball....

Moved onto the Spiderman, and found a credit in the game. Great flow on this table, reminds me a bit of attack from mars.

Lastly while getting drunker and drunker (it was a good 35 degree celsius day, 95 fahrenheit) I decided to skip all the other pubs and just go to pinball heaven.

The Courthouse

This place rocks, every table has a drink holder on both sides. It contains AC/DC, Metallica, Indiana Jones, Bride of Pinbot, Monster Bash, Circus Voltaire, Avengers and a Star Trek. Only AC/DC and Metallica are setup for 3 ball play, all the others are setup for 5 ball play. All cost $2 a go.

If I could say one thing though is that AC/DC and Metallica were both turned up too loud, so if anybody else played those, they would drown out the sound of all other machines (and in unison they were very annoying).

Anyway, once I saw Bride of Pinbot I knew what I wanted to play. My mate loved AC/DC and Metallica, but I only had eyes for the Bride. Unfortunately as I was pretty drunk by now, I could only hit the left ramp about 20% of the time which was killing me. After about 5-6 games I decided to have a go at Monster Bash, but found I couldn't do the creature shot even and I had everything else lit up to go. Was very disappointed but did get heaps of multiballs in. I reckon if I got the creature shot, my name was going into the high scores as the best was only 600K or so, and I put up a solid 100K on my only attempt. Next I moved onto Circus Voltaire, not sure why the TPA version has horrible out lanes, cause on this table I found that slight nudges got the ball exactly were they needed to be so you didn't lose then. Never hit multiball, though I had 2 in the juggler, 2 on the highwire locked, just couldn't close the deal.  Then moved onto the avengers, which I loved until I found a piece of the playfield fell off and made one of the shots impossible. Great flow on this, so will go back to Kellys on King to have another go at this table. Had one go of AC/DC but although the songs are terrific, I don't feel the table is anything special.

Will visit a few other pubs in Newtown next time as there are heaps more places with pinballs, and will promise to take better pictures next time. As well I want to be in the Billionaires club on BOP!

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Newtown, NSW, Australia Pub Pinball Crawl
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 12:08:12 PM »
sounds like you had a good night playing pins, thanks for sharing, and noticed a few of the photos towards the end have that drunken blur effect  *.*
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Dumpstar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Newtown, NSW, Australia Pub Pinball Crawl
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 08:42:17 AM »
Yeah I need to remember to take multiple photos of the same thing when drunk.