Author Topic: Noflix starpost for help with JD low light  (Read 1555 times)

Offline Zedman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Noflix starpost for help with JD low light
« on: January 23, 2014, 07:48:31 PM »
Hey All, first up- thanks to Dan of Riverina pinball for getting me hooked- you bastrad!  !*! ^^^

Today Ive been trying some out some Noflix starposts as my JD has low light in the main playfield area. Its a characteristic of the model, I like playing pinball in a darkened room which makes follwing the ball even more challenging.

Anyhow I saw the Noflix starposts and thought they might help.

So Ive tried a white starpost using clear, red and blue, posts. Ive also tried using red and blue starposts with matching posts.

My conclusion is that a white starpost with clear post does help a very small amount with illumination but the red starpost with red post looks best to my taste.
For the amount if light thrown these dont really help much with illumination problems but they do add a bit o bling.

Not sure if this will help anyone or really is worth mention but there it is! Time to drink beer! :D

Z

Offline riverinapinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Noflix starpost for help with JD low light
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 08:16:58 AM »
Andrew,
Any time, its was a pleasure. Another addict is good for the hobby.

I think there are a couple of lighting mods available for JD. Search ebay for Judge Dredd light mods. Should find something.

I havent see thoses post mods before. Looks pretty cool. Experiment with different lights Leds/incandecents / mods.

I am glad your enjoying The Judge!

Dan